Clare Sentinel 200 Electrical Safety Tester - AC/DC Hipot Tester
The Clare Sentinel 200 Hipot tester is an affordable, efficient bench-top electrical safety tester designed for production and conformance testing. Fast, accurate dielectric strength testing of voltages up to 5kV AC and 6kV DC are safely conducted by the Sentinel 200, whilst a 200 VA AC power output allows for 40mA tripping currents, a requirement in many testing standards.
There are various modes of operating the Sentinel 200 depending on the environment and application for which it is being used:
- A remote start terminal and signal I/O port allows for remote starting, safety interlocking and PLC control
- Fully automatic testing and remote control, enabling up to 100 test conditions to be saved and recalled for single test purposes
- For sequential testing requirements, manual test settings can be linked together to create up to 100 automatic test sequences, enabling simple recall for repeat testing
The voltage output time can be set to ramp up and hold for a programmed time period (0.1 to 999.9s) in order to comply with international standards, while also minimising the risk of damage to the equipment under test.
Moreover, the voltage output can be set between 100V and 5kV AC or up to 6kV DC in steps of 2V; the consequent test result being displayed in a resolution of 1µA (±1.5% +30µA). These factors make the Sentinel one of the most accurate electrical safety testers on the market.
The Clare Sentinel Safety Testers are ideal for R&D facilities and compliance laboratories. Comprising of three models, the range offers both AC and DC dielectric strength testing, power output of up to 500VA AC, earth/ground bond testing and insulation resistance testing. Design, QA, manufacturing and production engineers will benefit from the easy-to-use safety test features.
Electrical Test Compliance for Manufacturers
Worldwide technical standards are enforced to ensure various electrical safety and performance factors are met when electrical products are constructed in order not pose a danger to users. Products must adhere to the requirements of all relevant product safety standards if they are to meet the requirements of certain test standards.
The Clare Sentinel Electrical Safety Testers comply with IEC, EN, UL and CSA electrical test standards to name a few, The BSEN and North American electrical safety standards are as follow:
- British Standard: BS EN 60598-1 sets out the general requirements for luminaires, including lighting equipment that operates from supply voltages of up to 1000V. All the requirements and tests covered in this standard relate to the classification, marking, mechanical design and electrical construction. BS EN 60598-1 looks at all the aspects of electrical safety, as well as thermal and mechanical safety. It’s also important to take into account that these requirements apply to luminaires with ignitors built in and separate from ballasts.
- North America: UL 1598 applies to luminaires for use in non-hazardous locations and that are intended for installation on branch circuits of 600 V nominal or less between conductors in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I (CEC), CSA C22.1, with the U.S. National Electrical Code (NEC), ANSI/NFPA 70, and with the Mexican National Electrical Code, NOM-001-SEDE.
- 200VA AC Power Output (40mA)
- Remote and PLC Control
- EN 60598, UL 1598, IEC and CSA C22.2 Testing Compliance
Clare Sentinel Comparison Chart
Sentinel Model Sentinel 200 Sentinel 500 Sentinel 501 Part number 489A910 489A920 489A921 Earth/ground bond testing - - ✔ AC dielectric strength testing ✔ ✔ ✔ DC dielectric strength testing ✔ ✔ ✔ DC insulation resistance - - ✔ Power output 200VA (40mA) 500VA (100mA) 500VA (100mA) ARC detection ✔ ✔ ✔
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.