Clare Sentinel 501 Electrical Safety Tester - AC/DC Hipot Tester
The Clare Sentinel 501 Electrical Safety Tester is a comprehensive dielectric tester designed for electrical appliance testers, compliance engineers and production facilities. It boasts the highest specification offered within the Sentinel range, including the following features in order to comply with international electrical safety testing standards:
- 5kVAC dielectric strength test
- 6kVDC dielectric strength test
- 32A Earth bond test – Sentinel 501 only
- 1kVDC insulation resistance test – Sentinel 501 only
- 500VA power output
- ARC detection
The dielectric tests on the Sentinel 501 can be programmed to gradually ramp up voltage output and can even freeze voltage outputs for a set time of up to 999.9 seconds. This enables certain test criteria to be met, but also avoids damage being cause to equipment under test. AC/DC dielectric outputs can also be programmed in steps of 2V at a time, consequently increasing accuracy of the current measurement that is displayed at a resolution from as low as 1µA (±1.5% +30µA).
The Clare Sentinel 501 includes the effective ‘Sweep function’. This is an imperative feature allowing R&D engineers to see whether any electrical parameters change over a period of testing, with resultant measurements displayed in a graph format upon the LCD display.
Full system integration is possible with all of the Sentinel models, allowing for operation within a PLC circuit in order to satisfy ISO production standards. Manual operation is very straightforward using the instrument facia and remote control is possible using the signal I/O port.
The Clare Sentinel Safety Testers are suitable for use in R&D facilities and quality compliant environments such as manufacturing production lines. Engineers will find the instruments easy to use, whilst benefitting from an all-in-one test solution.
Electrical Test Compliance for Manufacturers
Worldwide technical standards are in place to ensure various electrical safety and performance targets are met when electrical products are manufactured in order not pose a danger to the end user. Products must adhere to the requirements of relevant product safety standards if they are to meet the requirements of certain test standards.
The Clare Sentinel Electrical Safety Testers comply with IEC, EN, UL and CSA electrical test standards to name a few, the BSEN and North American electrical safety standards are as follow:
- British Standard: BS EN 60598-1 sets out the general requirements for luminaires, including lighting equipment that operates from supply voltages of up to 1000V. All the requirements and tests covered in this standard relate to the classification, marking, mechanical design and electrical construction. BS EN 60598-1 looks at all the aspects of electrical safety, as well as thermal and mechanical safety. It’s also important to take into account that these requirements apply to luminaires with igniters built in and separate from ballasts.
- North America: UL 1598 applies to luminaires for use in non-hazardous locations and that are intended for installation on branch circuits of 600 V nominal or less between conductors in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I (CEC), CSA C22.1, with the U.S. National Electrical Code (NEC), ANSI/NFPA 70, and with the Mexican National Electrical Code, NOM-001-SEDE.
- 32A Earth Bond and 1kVDC Insulation Resistance Testing
- Remote and PLC Control
- EN 60598, UL 1598, IEC and CSA C22.2 Testing Compliance
Clare Sentinel Comparison Chart
Sentinel Model Sentinel 200 Sentinel 500 Sentinel 501 Part number 489A910 489A920 489A921 Earth/ground bond - - ✔ AC dielectric strength ✔ ✔ ✔ DC dielectric strength ✔ ✔ ✔ DC insulation resistance - - ✔ Power output 200VA (40mA) 500VA (100mA) 500VA (100mA) ARC detection ✔ ✔ ✔
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.