Martindale VI13800 Voltage Detector
The Martindale VI13800 contact voltage indicator offers the same specification as the older VI13700/G model except the fuse has been removed. The new BS EN61243-3 2010 standard was introduced in May 2013 and recognises a ban on the use of fuses in 2 pole voltage indicators. This Martindale voltage indicator is ideal for engineers wishing to comply to BS EN61243-3 2010 standard.
With the release of the VI13800 voltage indicator and in accordance with BS EN61243-3:2010, Martindale have replaced the fused probes in favour of high wattage resistors. This update reduces the current in the event of a cable being damaged. This amendment ensures superior protection by limiting the current that can potentially flow under fault conditions. Martindale continue high standards by being one of the only manufactures offering protection built into the probe.
This long life voltage detector provides LED indicators which produce a clear and fast display of the voltage level range and show if a circuit is live. The detector can safely check for AC and DC voltages from 50V to 600V AC/DC.
Much like the older Martindale VI13700/G the newer VI13800 contact voltage indicator meets the Health and Safety GS 38 safety recommendations. The essential key safety characteristics include finger guards to prevent slipping onto live electrical circuits, double insulated test leads and a lockable and retractable prod sheath. The revised VI13800 has continued the contrasting inner cable sheath first introduced on the VI13700 to quickly identify cable damage. Martindale have included 2 year warranty.
Voltage indicators should always be tested with a proving unit or a known live source before and after use. See Martindale PD690 Proving Unit.
- Nominal Voltage Range: 50 - 600V AC / DC
- Nominal Voltage Threshold Indications: 50, 100, 200, 400 V DC/AC rms
- Nominal Voltage threshold tolerance: < 85% of marked threshold indication
- Polarity indication: from approx 12V DC/AC rms
- AC/DC voltage detection: automatic
- Range detection: automatic
- Response time: < 0.1s
- Frequency range: DC, 1 - 400 Hz
- Test current: < 3.5mA at 600V DC/AC rms
- Duty ratio: 30s ON (operated) / 240s OFF (recovery)
- Temperature & Humidity (operating & storage): -10°C to 55°C ≤ 85% R.H. / -10°C to 55°C ≤ 85% R.H.
- Altitude: up to 2000m
- IP rating: IP54
- Power: from circuit under test
- Dimensions: 205(L) x 67(W) x 27(D) mm
- Weight: 130g approx.
- Includes: Martindale MARVI13800 Instruction manual
- Conforms to BS EN 61243-3:2010 CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000V
- Class II, Double Insulation
- Pollution Degree: 2
- EMC: Conforms to BS EN 61326-1
- Review by Angel (Posted on 14/04/2015)
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.