Megger BITE2 Battery Impedance Tester 246002B
The Megger BITE2 Battery Impedance Tester (246002B) can be used to determine the condition of lead-acid and nickel-cadmium cells that operate up to 7000AH in applications such as:
- Electrical power generation plants
- Substations; utility, railway and industrial
- Telecoms facilities; CO, Wireline, Wireless MTSO
- UPS Systems
- Railway signals and communications
- Aircraft auxiliary power units
- Marine and military
With a test time of less than 15 seconds for each cell and inter-cell connector, one person can quickly and precisely measure internal cell impedance, DC terminal voltage and inter-cell connection resistance with simple pass/warning/fail indicators, without having to disconnect the battery system.Impressively, the instrument can also measure AC ripple current that can have an adverse effect on the condition of a battery by causing it to overheat; effectively, the life of a lead-acid battery is halved if its temperature raises by as little as 10°C.
Using the BITE2 requires no battery discharge in comparison with load cycle testing, which requires substantial downtime and repeated discharges. Moreover, the instruments do not stress the battery in anyway, contrasting with other testing methods.
The Megger BITE 2 has the ability to store test measurements on its internal memory. These records, along with other data such as ambient/pilot cell temperatures and AC ripple current assist in determining the overall condition of a battery system. Megger’s PowerDB Lite software is supplied with the BITE 2, conforming with the traceability demands of the IEEE requirements.
- Click here for full product specifications
- Megger BITE 2 battery impedance tester
- Transmitter for BITE2 P30044-300
- Receiver P30620-3
- Fused Source Leads, 20 ft (6 m) 29386-4
- Current sensor, 2 in. (50 mm) opening with 5 ft (1.5 m) lead 2002-786
- CT extension cable, 20 ft (6 m) 33864-2
- Communication cable, 6 ft (1.8 m) 35340
- Charger cable 35341
- ac line cord, 8 ft (2.5 m) 17032-7
- Manual for BITE2 and BITE2P AVTM246004
- Accessory bag for BITE2 29996
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.