Megger ICLAMP 1000 A AC Current Clamp
The ICLAMP is a current Clamp which has been designed to measure AC current up to 1000 Amps with a 1000:1 step down ratio.
The clamp has a heavy duty construction which offers excellent accuracy of 0.3% error at full range and a small phase shift 0.7 at full range. This level of accuracy allows the instrument to be used for metering power, energy, and power quality applications.
Megger have considered high performance by fitting the instrument with magnetic cores made from high-permeability Ni-Fe alloy.
As a safety precaution Megger have introduced protected output terminals. These terminals are protected with a voltage limiting circuit ensuring a safe-to-touch voltage under all rated conditions.
The ICLAMP meets the current international standard IEC 61010 rated to CAT IV 600V. The ICLAMP features large 52mm jaws ideal for larger cables onsite.
The ICLAMP is known as a non contact current sensing clamp which makes it ideal for the use on applications with the following instruments.
- Digital multimeters
- Stakeless testing
- Clamp enabled earth testers
- Motor testers
- Power quality analysers
- Attached Rod Technique (ART)
- Data loggers
The ICLAMP is versatile enough to be connected to an ammeter measuring up to 1 Amps. A current of 1000 Amps will result in the ammeter reading 1 Amps (1000: step down voltage).
The ICLAMP is commonly paired with Megger DET3TC, DET4TC and DET4TCR earth testers along with the Megger MFT1730 and 1735 Multifunction Testers.
- Step-down current ratio 1000:1
- Sensitivity 1 mA/A
Amplitude and phase accuracy of the output signal
Primary Current * Accuracy of output signal Phase shift of output signal 1 mA - 100 mA ≤1% + 5μA not specified 0.1 A - 1 A ≤1% + 5μA ≤0.7° 1 A - 10 A ≤1% + 5μA ≤0.7° 10 A - 100 A ≤0.5% ≤0.7° 100 A – 1000 A ≤0.3% ≤0.7°
* Unless otherwise specified, reference conditions are: 22 ±3°C, 50% humidity, sinusoidal current at 50/60 Hz, no DC offset, centred conductor, external magnetic field <40 A/m, load impedance (burden) ≤1 Ω.
Maximum continuous current
- 1000 A at ≤500 Hz
- 100 A at >500 Hz
- 15 Hz – 10 kHz
- ≥6 for current up to 2000 A peak (300 A rms)
Influence of crest factor
- ≤1% for CF≤4
Nominal load impedance
- ≤1 Ω (burden resistance)
Maximum output voltage
- ≤28 V peak (electronic limiter)
Influence of frequency
- 30 Hz – 5 kHz ≤0.25%
Influence of conductor position in the jaws
- ≤0.3% of amplitude
Load influence up to 5Ω
- Ω amplitude within specification up to 900 A
- ≤0.25% of amplitude above 900 A
- ≤0.1° on phase
Influence of DC offset
- ≤2% up to 20 A DC
- ≤600 V rms
- -20 °C to +50 °C, <85% RH
- -4 F to +122 F, <85% RH
- (excluding ice or dirt in the jaws)
- -40 °C to +70 °C, <85% RH
- -40 F to +158 F, <85% RH
Influence of temperature
- ≤0.1% on amplitude phase within specification
Influence of humidity
- amplitude and phase within specification (excludes ice or dirt on the jaws)
Max. conductor diameter
- 52 mm
- IP40 with jaws closed
- 2000 m
- 4 mm shrouded sockets
- IEC 61010-1:2010 + IEC 61010-2- 030:2010 + IEC61010-2-032:2002
- CAT IV 600 V Pollution degree 2
- 45 mm x 110 mm x 218 mm
- Megger ICLAMP 1000 A AC Current Clamp
- IN05039 Test Lead
- DET3TX/DET4TX ICLAMP Ferrite
- ICLAMP Lead 6220-807
- ICLAMP Carry Bag
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.