Megger MFT1731 Multifunction Tester with FREE Accessories 1008-128
The Megger MFT1731 Multifunction Tester is a high specification installation tester suitable for testing domestic, commercial and industrial low voltage electrical installations in order to certify compliance with the respective guidelines detailed in BS7671 and Part P of the building regulations.
Similar to the other models in the Megger MFT range, the MFT1731 is IEC 61010 CAT IV 300V safety rated allowing for safe testing of low voltage electrical systems all the way from the supply transformer, to the final circuit. Furthermore, the MFT1731 multifunction tester is capable of conducting 2 or 3 wire earth resistance (electrode) tests and even ART and stakeless earth tests (optional accessories required), catering for utility applications including lightning protection systems governed by regulations outside of the remit set within BS7671.
Including rechargeable batteries, an internal memory and Bluetooth communication, the Megger MFT 1731 is suitable for extensive site use and is capable of downloading stored test results using ‘Megger Download Manager’ which is supplied with the instrument. Full reporting and certificate printing is an option when using Megger’s PowerSuite Lite software package which is supplied with the Megger MFT1731 Onsite Multifunction Tester
Using the Megger MFT1731 is a simple means of programming two colour coded rotary dials that select primary and secondary test settings respectively. The colour coded user interface significantly reduces the chance of choosing an incorrect function or range, hence the MFT1731 is suitable for novice and advanced users alike. Test measurements are presented on a large, backlit, dual format display that clearly indicates fluctuating measurements upon a digital/analogue range scale and accurate final measurements upon a digital readout.
IP54 rated, the MFT1731 is suitable for use in environments where water and dust ingress pose a risk, while the durable rubber instrument enclosure offers improved grip and shock protection. Featuring dual ‘test’ and ‘lock’ buttons on each side of the instrument, the tester can be used by both left and right handed operatives.
The Megger MFT1731 can also be bought as the Megger MFT1731 Onsite.
The Megger MFT1731 Multifunction Tester can be used to carry out the following tests:
- Continuity: 15mA test for inductive loads and a 200mA test suitable for R1+R2 and R2 testing with adjustable buzzer threshold
- Insulation resistance: 100V, 250V, 500V and 1000V tests with adjustable buzzer threshold
- Loop: 2 and 3 wire test options featuring a patented anti-trip on both 2 and 3 wire test configurations. PSCC/PFC are tandem displayed with the loop test result. Also conducts line to line tests suitable for three phase installations
- RCD: Ramp, manual (0.5x, 1x, 5x) or automatically test 10, 30, 100, 300, 500 and 1000mA AC, A, S, programmable, Type B and 3 phase RCDs
- TRMS Voltage: accurately measure supply voltage and frequency and phase rotation
- Earth testing: 2 & 3 pole tests and even ART and Stakeless can be conducted (note additional accessories required for earth testing)
Megger MFT Comparison Table
MFT1711 MFT1721 MFT1731 MFT1731 Onsite 200mA Continuity Test ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 15mA Continuity Test ✔ ✔ ✔ Insulation Resistance Test 250V, 500V & 1000V 100V, 250V, 500V & 1000V 100V, 250V, 500V & 1000V 100V, 250V, 500V & 1000V RCD Test (AC, A & S Types) ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ RCD Test (B Type DC Current) ✔ ✔ ✔ Auto RCD Test ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ RCD Ramp Test ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ RCD (3 phase) ✔ ✔ ✔ Loop Test (2 & 3 Wire Anti-Trip ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Line Test (L-L) ✔ ✔ ✔ Loop Test R1+R2 Calculation ✔ Earth Test (2 & 3 pole) ✔ (Requires accessory) ✔ Earth Test (ART & stakeless) ✔ (Requires accessory) ✔ (Requires accessory) Phase Rotation ✔ ✔ ✔ Download Memory ✔ ✔ Software Included ✔ Leakage Current ✔ (Requires accessory) ✔ (Requires accessory) ✔ (Requires accessory) Rechargeable ✔ ✔
Megger MFT1731 Multifunction Tester key features
- Suitable for domestic, commercial and industrial electrical installation testing
- Earth resistance test options
- Tests 3 phase and Type B RCDs
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
The Megger MFT1731 Multifunction Tester comes with the following accessories as standard.
- Megger MFT1731 Multifunction Tester 1008-128
- 3 wire test lead set with probes and crocodile clips
- Mains plug test lead
- Rechargeable batteries and charger
- Switched test probe for remote testing
- Megger embroidered Neck strap
- Carry case
- Full user guide CD for MFT 1731
- Megger calibration certificate
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.