Megger MIT40X Special Applications Insulation Tester
**Please Note: The Megger MIT40X Special Applications Insulation Tester has been discontinued, replaced with the Megger MIT481 Telecommunications Insulation Tester .**
The Megger MIT40X variable insulation and continuity tester offers an easy to use test meter for those who have awkward insulation resistance measurement applications where a lower test voltage is needed. The Megger MIT40X test voltage can be selected over a range from 10 V to 100 V. in 1V steps. Applications include avionics, marine, military applications, telecoms, manufacturing, electrostatic measurement and component testing. Many of these specialist test and measurement applications require test voltages of voltages of 10V, 35V, 50V, 55V, 65V and 75V dc.
Megger MIT40X Special Applications Insulation Tester Key Features:
- Variable insulation test voltage from 10 V to 100 V
- Insulation resistance from 2 GΩ to 20 GΩ
- Continuity testing at 200mA down to 0.01 Ω
- TRMS & DC Voltage measurement
- Frequency measurement 40 Hz to 400 Hz
- Silicone leads - High quality flexible silicone test leads are comfortable to use and prevent measurement errors on higher GΩ ranges
- Test inhibit - prevents testing if voltages in excess of 50 V are detected when making insulation tests
The test voltage for insulation resistance testing is selectable in the “Set–Up” menu, so that once selected it can only be changed by re–configuring in the Setup menu, providing a degree of safety preventing the voltage being changed accidentally.
The Megger MIT40X will display the actual test results on the analogue arc and large digital readout, and the actual test voltage at the terminals of the instrument on the smaller digital readout. This ensures the operator always knows what test voltage is being used prior to and during a test.
The test range extends from 2Gohms to 20Gohms at 100V, covering a wider range than many competitors standard instruments. In addition the MIT40X insulation and continuity test meter also supports continuity testing at either 20mA or 200mA, DC and TRMS AC voltage and frequency measurement, and is protected by a wide range of safety features to prevent damage if accidentally connected to live circuits.
Typical applications include:
- Commercial avionics
- Military land, marine and air communications
- Manufacturing/production line goods
- Electrostatic measurement
- Component testing
- Battery powered traction and lifting equipment
- 5 x 1,5 V cells type IEC LR6 (AA, MN1500, HP7, AM3 R6HP) Alkaline NiMH rechargeable cells may be used.
- Instrument: 220 x 92 x 50 mm (8.66 in. x 3.63 in. x 1.97 in.)
- Instrument + case: 456 x 178 x 89 mm (18 in. x 7 in. x 3.5 in.)
- Instrument only: 590 gms, 775 gms with boot (20.73 oz.(27.22 oz.)
- Instrument plus case: 1.75kg (3.86 lb)
The instruments meet EN 61010-1 (1995) to 600 V phase to earth, Category IV. Refer to safety warnings supplied.
- Operating range: -10 to +55°C
- Operating humidity: 90% RH at 40°C max.
- Storage temperature range: -25 to +70°C
- Maximum altitude: 2000 m
- Dust and water protection: IP54 Protected against dust and splashing water
- Megger MIT40X Special Applications Insulation Tester
- Red Lead 1.25m complete with probe
- Black Lead 1.25m complete with probe
- Red Croc Clip
- Black Croc Clip
- Instrument Rubber Boot
- Calibration Certificate
- Carry case
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.