Megger MIT430 Insulation & Continuity Tester
**This model has been discontinued, replaced by the Megger MIT430/2 CAT IV Insulation Resistance Tester.**
- CATIV 600V applications
- Insulation testing to 1000V and to 200GΩ
- TRMS & DC Voltage measurement
- Continuity testing at 200mA down to 0.01Ω#Analogue and dual digital display
- Insulation & continuity limit alarms
- PI/DAR and Timer function
- Test result storage
- Bluetooth® wireless data transfer
The new Megger MIT400 series insulation and continuity testers has been designed for electrical testing by the utilities, industrial, commercial and domestic electricians. The wide range of features also makes the MIT400 series ideal for the maintenance and service/repair engineer. They replace the well-established BM400 insulation tester range, given greater functionality with simplified.
- Test voltages - 250 V to 1000 V insulation test voltages available
- Test Lock - Locks insulation test on continuously.
- The actual test voltage is displayed on the smaller digital readout.
- The insulation result on the larger digital display.
- Analogue arc display to replicate the response of a moving coil display.
- Polarisation Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) functions
- Insulation testing from 10GΩ to 200GΩ
- High quality flexible silicone test leads prevent measurement errors on higher GΩ ranges.
- Test inhibit prevents testing if voltages in excess of 50 V are detected.
- Insulation buzzer can be set to buzz if the insulation resistance is above a preset limit.
- Auto test on circuit contact.
- 200mA or 20mA continuity test currents are available.
- 20 mA test current will considerably increase battery life.
- Lead resistance compensation (NULL) operates up to 9 Ω of resistance.
- Buzzer ON-OFF selected by simple push button.
- Continuity buzzer limit alarm adjustable from 1 Ω to 20 Ω in 5 steps.
Analogue arc display
- Full display width analogue arc.
- Patented arc display shows charge and discharge characteristics not visible on a digital display.
- Single pointer “needle” response is similar to a moving coil meter.
- Logarithmic display for better low insulation value measurements.
Dual digital display
- Large main digital readout for good visibility of all main measurement results
Second digital display for additional data such as:
- Insulation test voltage.
- Insulation leakage current.
- Supply frequency (when measuring volts).
- Test mode eg. PI, DAR or TI (Timed mode).
- The MIT430 is capable of saving test results for recall to the screen. A simple storage structure allows for a test number and screen results to be recalled individually.
- The MIT430 supports both test result storage and downloading. Test results can be stored in the instrument and subsequently downloaded to a computer with the Megger download manager software.
- Data transfer is by Bluetooth, with the transmitter being enabled when the Download mode is selected on the instrument.
- NOTE: The receiving PC needs to have Bluetooth capability or a USB port fitted a Bluetooth receiver. Class II (10m) is acceptable.
Designed to be exceptionally safe to use, fast detecting circuitry prevents damage to the instruments if accidentally connected to live circuits or across phases. Specifically, all instruments:
- Meet the international requirements of IEC1010-2 and EN61557.
- Live circuit detection inhibits insulation testing on circuits above 50 V.
- Live circuit detection and test inhibit on continuity measurements.
- Default display of live circuit voltage on all ranges.
- Detection and inhibit functions even if the protection fuse has failed.
- Suitable for use on CAT IV applications and supply voltages to 600 V.
- Nominal test voltages: MIT430 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V
- Insulation resistance range: MIT430 200 GΩ
Range Full Scale Accuracy
- 1000 volts ±3% ±2 digits ±0.2% per GΩ
- 500 volts. ±3% ±2 digits ±0.4% per GΩ
- 250 volts. ±3% ±2 digits ±0.8% per GΩ
- Analogue range: 1 GΩ full scale
- Short Circuit Current: 2 mA +0% -50%
- Terminal voltage: -0% +20% ±1 V
- Test Current on load: 1 mA at min. pass value of insulation specified in BS7671, HD384 and IEC364, 2 mA max.
- EN61557 Operating range: 0,10 MΩ to 1,00 GΩ
- Leakage Current: 10% ±3 digits
- Voltage display: 3% ±3 digits ±0.5% of rated voltage
- Polarisation Index (PI): 10 min / 1minute ratio
- Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR): 60 sec / 30 sec ratio
- All ranges measure from 0,00 MΩ upwards.
- Above specifications only apply when high quality silicone leads are being used.
- Measurement: 0,01 Ω to 99,9 Ω (0 to 100 Ω on analogue scale)
- Accuracy: ±3% ±2 digits (0 to 100 Ω)
- Open circuit voltage: 5 V ±1 V
- 200 mA (–0 mA +20 mA) (0.01 Ω to 9.99 Ω)
- 20mA (±1 mA ) (10.0 Ω to 99.9 Ω)
- Zero offset at probe tips: 0,10 Ω typical
- Lead resistance zeroing: Up to 9,00 Ω
- Buzzer: Variable limit 1 Ω, 2 Ω, 5 Ω, 10 Ω, 20 Ω
- Measurement: 0,01 kΩ to 1000 kΩ (0 to 1 MΩ on analogue scale)
- Accuracy: ±3% ±2 digits
- Open circuit voltage: 5 V ±1 V
- Short circuit current: 20 μA ± 5 μA
- 0 to 600 V d.c. ±2% ±2 digits
- 10 mV to 600 V TRMS sinusoidal (40 to 400 Hz) ±2% ±2 digits
- 0 to 1000 V on Analogue scale
- Unspecified input level 0 - 10 mV (40 to 400 Hz)
- For non-sinusoidal waveforms additional specification apply: ±3% ±2 digits 101 mV to 600 V TRMS and ±8% ±2 digits 10 mV to 100 mV TRMS
- Default Voltmeter: Operates at >25 V a.c. or d.c. on any range except OFF
- Frequency: 40-450 Hz (40 Hz - 99,9 Hz)
- ±0.5% ±1 digit (100 Hz to 450 Hz)
- Measurement range: 100 pF to 10 μF
- Accuracy: ± 5.0% ±2 digits
Arithmetic conversion from capacitance measurement on:
- Default capacitance measurement: 50nF/m
- Capacitance range: 40 nF/m to 60 nF/m
- Capacity: >1000 test results
- Download: Bluetooth wireless
- Bluetooth Class: Class II
- Range: up to 10 m
- 5 x 1,5 V cells type IEC LR6 (AA, MN1500, HP7, AM3 R6HP) Alkaline NiMH rechargeable cells may be used.
- 2200 insulation tests with duty cycle of 5 sec ON /55 sec OFF @ 1000 V into 1 MΩ
- Instrument: 220 x 92 x 50 mm (8.66 in. x 3.63 in. x 1.97 in.)
- Instrument + case: 456 x 178 x 89 mm (18 in. x 7 in. x 3.5 in.)
- Instrument only: 590 gms, 775 gms with boot (20.73 oz.(27.22 oz.)
- Instrument plus case: 1.75kg (3.86 lb)
Use only a 500 mA (FF) 1000 V 32 x 6 mm ceramic fuse of high breaking capacity HBC 50 kA minimum. Glass fuses MUST NOT be fitted.
The instruments meet EN 61010-1 (1995) to 600 V phase to earth, Category IV. Refer to safety warnings supplied.
In accordance with IEC 61326 including amendment No.1
- Temperature coefficient: <0,1% per °C up to 1 GΩ
- Operating range: -10 to +55°C
- Operating humidity: 90% RH at 40°C max.
- Storage temperature range: -25 to +70°C
- Maximum altitude: 2000 m
- Dust and water protection: IP54 Protected against dust and splashing water
- Red Lead 1.25m complete with probe
- Black Lead 1.25m complete with probe
- Red Croc Clip
- Black Croc Clip
- Instrument Rubber Boot
- Calibration Certificate
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.