Megger MIT480 Insulation and Continuity Tester
The Megger MIT480 Telecoms Insulation and Continuity Tester has been designed specifically for the telecommunications industry. The Megger MIT480 insulation & continuity tester offers insulation testing from 50V to 100V and continuity testing at 200mA or 20mA is provided with TRMS & DC voltage measurement and a combined analogue and dual digital display. The MIT480 series is a direct replacement for the BM80 series that offers greater functionality and application range with simplified operation.
The Megger MIT480 use a patented analogue arc display which shows essential charge and discharge characteristics not visible on a digital display. The single pointer needle response mimics a moving coil meter and the logarithmic display is used for improved low insulation value measurements. A dual digital display is also employed by the MIT480 insulation tester. The large main digital readout offers good visibility for all main measurements while the second digital display is used for additional data such as insulation test voltage, insulation leakage current, frequency and test mode.
The MIT 480 is designed to be exceptionally safe to use with fast detecting circuitry to prevent damage if accidentally connected to live circuits or across phases. In addition the Megger telecoms insulation & continuity tester has a default display of live circuit voltages on all ranges with detection and inhibit functions even if the protection fuse has failed. The unit meets the international requirements of IEC1010-2 and EN61557 with a CAT IV 600V rating.
- 50V - 100V insulation test voltages available.
- Test Lock to lock insulation test on continuous.
- Actual test voltage is displayed on the smaller digital readout.
- Insulation result on the larger digital display.
- Analogue arc display to replicate the response of a moving coil display.
- Insulation testing up to 10GΩ.
- High quality flexible silicone test leads prevent measurement errors on higher GΩ ranges.
- Test inhibit prevents insulation testing if voltages in excess of 75V are detected.
- Insulation buzzer can be set to buzz if the insulation resistance is above a preset limit.
Continuity & Resistance
- Auto test on circuit contact.
- 200mA or 20mA continuity test currents are available.
- 20mA will considerably increase battery life.
- Lead resistance compensation (null) operates up to 9.99Ω of resistance.
- Buzzer selected by simple push button.
- Adjustable continuity buzzer limit alarm from 1Ω to 20Ω in 5 steps.
- kΩ range extends resistance measurement to 1MΩ.
Voltage & Frequency
- Suitable for use on circuits up to 600 V CAT IV.
- AC voltage measurement is True RMS up to 600 V
- DC Voltage measurement to 600 V.
- Auto-ranging from 10mV to 600V provides wide range of applications and suitable for transducer inputs
- Default voltmeter is activated on any test function if a circuit voltage is detected.
- Megger MIT480 50V to 100V Insulation & Continuity Tester
- Hard case
- Test leads with probes and croc clips
- Rubber boot with stand
- Calibration certificate
- Information CD
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.