Megger MIT515 Insulation Resistance Tester
The Megger MIT515 Insulation Resistance Tester is an entry level 5kV test set that offers insulation resistance, timed insulation resistance, dielectric absorption ratio and polarisation index test modes.
Perfect for the testing and maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment, the Megger MIT 515 allows insulation testing to be carried out at five preset voltage ranges from 250V to 5kV. In addition the MIT515 insulation resistance tester has the ability to take measurements when connected to line power/mains with a dead battery. Intelligent battery charging allows the batteries to be automatically charged when the instrument is connected to a mains supply.
Simple operation is ensured with the two rotary switches while the large backlit display allows multiple results including resistance, voltage, leakage current, capacitance, battery level and test time to be displayed simultaneously.
Supplied in a rugged case that provides ultimate protection and a clip on lead pouch, the Megger MIT515 Insulation Tester is an extremely portable instrument with a CAT IV 600V safety rating in accordance with IEC 61010. A manufacturers calibration certificate is also supplied with the Megger MIT515.
Megger MIT 515 Key Features:
- 10TΩ (5kV) max. insulation resistance
- Timed IR plus PI and DAR diagnostic tests
- Operate with dead battery when on line power/mains
- Rapid charge Li-ion battery – up to 6 hrs continuous testing (5kV)
- Dedicated voltmeter function (30V to 660V)
- CATIV 600 V safety rating
- Large LCD display with automatic backlight
- Noise filter – rejects up to 3mA noise
- High altitude operation up to 3000m
Which Megger HV MIT Digital Insulation Resistance Tester?
MIT515 MIT525 MIT1025 MIT1525 Test Voltage 15.0 kV ✔ 10.0 kV ✔ ✔ 5.0 kV ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 2.5 kV ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 1.0 kV ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 500 V ✔ ✔ ✔ 250 V ✔ ✔ Measurement Max reading 10 TΩ 10 TΩ 20 TΩ 30 TΩ Min reading 10 kΩ 10 kΩ 10 kΩ 10 kΩ Voltage ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Capacitance ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Leakage current ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Test Types Timed insulation resistance ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Polarisation index ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Dielectric absorption index ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Step voltage ✔ ✔ ✔ Dielectric discharge ✔ ✔ ✔ Ramp ✔ ✔ ✔ Other Feature Analogue and digital display ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Short circuit current 3 mA 3 mA 3 mA 4 mA Rechargeable ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Timer control and display ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Max noise rejection 3 mA 3 mA 3 mA 4 mA USB output ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Software PowerDB Lite ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
- Test Voltages: 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5000V
- User Defined Test Voltages: 100V to 1kV in 10V steps, 1kV to 5kV in 25V steps
- Accuracy: ±5% to 1TΩ, ±20% to 10TΩ
- Guard: 2% error guarding 500kΩ leakage with 100MΩ load
- Analogue Display Range: 100kΩ to 10TΩ
- Digital Display Range: 10kΩ to 10TΩ
- Short Circuit Current: 3mA nominal, max power on all loads
- Insulation Alarm: 10KΩ to 1TΩ
- Capacitor Charge: <3 seconds/μF at 3mA to 5kV
- Capacitor Discharge: <250ms/μF to discharge from 5000V to 50V
- Capacitance Range (above 500V): 10nF to 25μF
- Accuracy: ±10%, ±5nF
- Voltage Output Accuracy: +4%, -0%, ±10 V of nominal test voltage at 1GΩ
- Current Measurement Range: 0.01nA to 6mA
- Accuracy: ±5%, ±0.2nA at all voltages
- Interference Rejection: 1mA per 250V up to a max of 3mA
- Voltmeter Range: 30V - 660V AC or DC, 50/60Hz
- Accuracy: ±3%, ±3V
- Timer Range: Up to 99mins, 15sec minimum
- Protection: IP65 (lid closed), IP40 (lid open)
- Safety: IEC 61010-1, CAT IV 600V
- Dimensions: 315 x 285 x 181mm
- Weight: 4.5kg
- Megger MIT515 Insulation Tester
- 3 x 3m Test Leads & Medium Insulated Clips
- Calibration Certificate
- Power Lead
- MIT515 User Guide on CD
- Review by Andy Flockton (Posted on 22/10/2012)
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.