Megger PAT150 Handheld Portable Appliance Tester
Offering straight-forward, reliable and efficient appliance safety testing for portable and fixed electrical equipment, the Megger PAT150 PAT Tester is ideal for use in most environments with a low to moderate PAT testing requirement and enables you to carry out PAT testing in full compliance with the IET Code of Practice.
With additional mains powered tests available such as earth leakage testing, touch current testing and portable RCD testing, as well as test sequences for Class I, Class II appliances and extension leads, the Megger PAT150 Tester also carries out earth continuity testing at 200mA, insulation testing at either 250V or 500V and substitute leakage testing.
Additionally the Megger PAT150 provides a separate test for SELV (Safety Extra Low Voltage or Class III) appliances.
With adjustable PASS limits and user-configurable test durations, the Megger PAT150 can also null Bond lead resistance to reduce measurement errors, making it an incredibly versatile non-downloading PAT Tester.
Live circuit measurement is also available for testing the mains supply and socket polarity or electrical circuit voltage to 300V (AC).
Encased in rugged rubber armour and fitted with toughened “Gorilla” glass, the Megger PAT150 is incredibly durable and its battery powered operation makes it ideal for those locations where an electrical supply isn’t available or where a mains powered PAT tester would prove impractical.
The Megger PAT150R PAT Tester is also available which has an inbuilt battery charger, preventing the need to remove the AA batteries from the tester to recharge them externally. To purchase this model, simply select the option above.
Megger Part Number: 1003-064 / 1003-428 (rechargable model)
Megger PAT150 PAT Tester Key Features
- Complies fully with the latest version of the IET Code of Practice
- Simple pass fail indication & measurement with adjustable PASS limits
- Rugged and hard wearing design
- Rechargeable version available (Megger PAT150R)
- Battery powered, portable design
- Includes 250V Insulation testing for surge protected extension leads.
- Automatic test sequences for Class I, Class II, Extension/Power leads
- 10mA and 30mA Portable RCD lead testing options
- Substitute and Mains powered leakage testing
- Operating ambient: 20°C
- Humidity: Nominal humidity
- Test voltage: Compliance Voltage: +4V dc, –0 % /+10 % (open circuit)
- Test current: Bi-directional +200mA, -0% + 50mA (into 2Ω load)
- Continuity accuracy: Resistance: ± 5% ± 3 digits (0 to 19.99 Ω)
- Resistance resolution: 10 mΩ
- Display range: 0.01 to 19.99Ω
- Continuity test nulling: up to 9.99 Ω
- Test time: User selectable from 2 sec to 20 sec or selected during test to 180sec
- Insulation test: 250V dc –0 % /+25 % open circuit, 500V dc –0 % /+25 % open circuit, ≥ 500V 0% dc across 0.5 MΩ load
- Short circuit/charge current: < 2mA dc
- Insulation accuracy: ±3% ±10 digits (0 to 19.99 MΩ)
- Resolution: 0.01 MΩ
- Display range: 0.10 MΩ to 99.99 MΩ
- Test duration: User selectable from 2 sec to 20 sec or selected during test to 180sec
Substitute Leakage Test
- Leakage current: Accuracy ± 5% ± 3 digits
- Test frequency: Nominal mains frequency 50Hz
- Test voltage: < 50V ac
- Resolution: 0.01mA
- Display range: 0.10 to 19.99mA
- Test duration: User selectable from 2 sec to 5 seconds
- Reading corrected to 230V ac.
Touch Current Test
- Test voltage: Nominal mains 230 V ac
- Test frequency: Nominal mains 50 Hz
- Test accuracy: ± 5% ± 3 digits
- Resolution: 0.01 mA
- Display range: 0.10 to 3.99 mA
- Test duration: User selectable from 2 sec to 5 sec
SELV Device Test
- Test voltage: 0 to 300 V ac
- Measurement accuracy: ± 3% ± 3 digits
- Resolution: 0.1 V ac
- Display range: 0.1 to 300 V ac
Extension Lead Test
Test includes Insulation and Bond tests.
- Test voltage: 5V
- Polarity: Lead OK, Live/neutral shorted, Live/neutral reversed, Live/neutral open circuit
Portable RCD Test
- Test voltage: Nominal mains 230 V
- Test frequency: 50Hz
- Test current accuracy: +2% to +8% (1 x I, 5 x I)
- Trip time accuracy: ±1% ± 1ms
- Trip time resolution: 0.01ms
- Display range: 0 to 200ms (1 x I), 0 to 40ms (5 x I)
Mains Supply Test
- Frequency measurement range: 50 Hz
- Test voltage: 40 to 300V ac
- Accuracy: ± 3% ± 3 digits
- Resolution: 0.1Vac
- Display range: 40 to 300V ac
Carried out automatically, not available to user.
- Test voltage: 5V
- Test frequency: Nominal Mains 50 Hz
- Test current: < 100mA short circuit
- Instrument designed to IEC 61010-1: 2012
- Test leads designed to IEC 61010-031: 2005
- 300 volts to Earth Category II
- Mains fuse protection to 250 volts rms ac
- Design to meet IEC 61326-1: 2006 and IEC 61326-2-2: 2005.
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to +40°C
- Storage temperature range: -20°C to +60°C
- Humidity: 90%RH @ +10°C +30°C, 75%RH @ +30°C to +40°C
- Maximum altitude: 2,000m to full safety spec.
- IP rating: IP40 (with front cover closed)
- Battery: Supply voltage, 12 Vdc (Alkaline AA LR6), 9.6 Vdc (NiMH AA LR6)
- Weight (PAT150 Only): 1300g
- Weight (Shipping): 2795g / 2975g for PAT150R
- Dimensions: 203 x 148 x 78mm
- Megger Part Number: 1003-064 / 1003-428 (rechargable model)
- Megger PAT150 Portable Appliance Tester (1003-064) or Megger PAT150R (1003-428) depending on your order
- Continuity/earth bond test lead Probe & Croc Clip
- Extension Lead Adaptor
- AC Charger Adaptor for Megger PAT150R only
- Mains Supply Cord
- SELV/mains voltage test lead Red
- Calibration certificate
- 8 x AA Batteries, 8 x rechargeable batteries for Megger PAT150R
- Carry Case
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.