Megger S1-1068 10kV Insulation Resistance Tester
The Megger S1-568, S1-1068 and the S1-1568 complete the Megger S1-Series of high voltage insulation resistance testers offering 5, 10 and 15kV outputs. All of these instruments are designed for use in power generation, distribution and transmission industries.
The Megger S1-1068 features a DC voltage output between 500V and 10kV, producing a resistance measurement of up to an impressive 35 TΩ.
Bluetooth output, remote control via an isolated USB port and electrical noise rejection filters (up to 8mA) make the Megger S1-1068 an ideal 10kV insulation resistance tester to be used within hostile environments such as:
- Areas prone to electrical arcing
- HV switchgear rooms
- HV static discharge areas
- Lightning strike possibility, i.e., lightning conductors
Furthermore, the S1-1068 offers the engineer the ability to conduct timed tests, polarisation index (PI), dielectric absorption ratio (DAR), step voltage, dielectric discharge and ramp testing.
Test measurements can be manipulated in three ways:
- Within an advanced internal memory complete with time/date stamping. Measurements can be recalled at a later date for analysis on screen, as the internal memory allows for an impressive eleven hours of measurements to be recorded at five second intervals
- Should the S1-1068 be connected by the isolated USB port on the tester to a Laptop/PC, ‘Live-time’ test results can be viewed using the supplied Megger PowerDB Lite software package
- Results can be downloaded via Bluetooth/USB to a laptop or PC running the supplied Megger PowerDB Lite software package
The S1-1068 is known for its ease of use with two rotary switches and a clear, large back-lit display which enables resistance, voltage, leakage current, capacitance, battery level and test time to be displayed concurrently. The insulation resistance tester is primarily designed to be operated in hostile environments. As such, the unit is housed within a dual case which protects the tester from bumps and drops, but it is also fire retardant. When the instrument lid is closed, the seal also offers IP65 moisture and dust ingress protection.
- 10kV output with 35 TΩ range
- 8mA noise rejection plus 4 filters
- Ideal for use in power utility/power transmission industries
Why Test for insulation Resistance?
Electrical insulation can be affected over time by temperature, current flow, physical damage, chemical damage and environmental conditions to name a few. Both the reliability and the safety of an electrical installation can become an unwanted issue should insulation resistance values not be tested regularly and monitored.
Comparison of the Megger S1-Series HV Insulation Resistance Testers
S1-568 S1-1068 S1-1568 Test Voltage 15.0 kV ✔ 10.0 kV ✔ ✔ 5.0 kV ✔ ✔ ✔ 2.5 kV ✔ ✔ ✔ 1.0 kV ✔ ✔ ✔ 500V ✔ ✔ 250 V ✔ Measurement Max Reading 15 TΩ 35 TΩ 35 TΩ Min Reading 10 kΩ 10 kΩ 10 kΩ Voltage ✔ ✔ ✔ Capacitance ✔ ✔ ✔ Leakage Current ✔ ✔ ✔ Test Types Timed Insulation Resistance ✔ ✔ ✔ Polarisation Index ✔ ✔ ✔ Dielectric Absorption Index ✔ ✔ ✔ Step Voltage ✔ ✔ ✔ Dielectric Discharge ✔ ✔ ✔ Ramp ✔ ✔ ✔ Other Features Analogue & Digital Display ✔ ✔ ✔ Short Circuit Current 6 mA 6 mA 6 mA Rechargable ✔ ✔ ✔ Timer Control & Display ✔ ✔ ✔ Max Noise Rejection 8 mA 8 mA 8 mA Remotre Control Via USB Port ✔ ✔ ✔ USB Output ✔ ✔ ✔ Bluetooth Output ✔ ✔ ✔ Software PowerDB Lite ✔ ✔ ✔
- Megger S1-1068 10kV Insulation Resistance Tester
- Safety Warning Sheet
- Product information CD, includes PowerDB Lite
- Power lead
- Screened USB cable with filters
- Remote control indicator beacon
- MEDIUM TEST CLIP 1002-531
- LARGE TEST CLIP 1002-534
- Calibration Certificate
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.