Megger VIDAR Vacuum Interrupter Tester
The Megger VIDAR is used to verify the integrity of the vacuum interrupter (VI) chamber within a vacuum circuit breaker. Developed in close collaboration with leading vacuum circuit breaker manufacturer’s, the VIDAR can be used for commissioning and routine maintenance tests of all vacuum circuit breakers.
Featuring five switchable voltage outputs of 10, 14, 25, 40 and 60kV DC, the Megger VIDAR is connected to each pole of a vacuum circuit breaker in order to quickly and safely test the circuit breaker. Furthermore, one additional bespoke voltage output of between 10 and 60kV DC can also be specified when ordering.
Testing Vacuum Circuit Breakers
Vacuum circuit breakers have many advantages over other kinds of dielectric circuit breakers such as oil filled devices, however it is vitally important to test the integrity of a vacuum circuit breaker to ensure quick and safe operation in the event of an electrical fault.
By comparing the relationship between the breakdown voltage and the pressure within a vacuum circuit breaker, the Megger VIDAR is able to provide an electrical engineer with a quick and easy indication as to whether the device under test is fit for purpose.
Vacuum Interrupter Common Faults
Faults The VI within a vacuum circuit breaker will not last forever. The Megger VIDAR can be used to verify faults which can lead to failure of the circuit breaker:
- Leakages are likely to become apparent after many years of service, inevitably causing the vacuum chamber to fill with air. In many cases, once the leak has started, the decompression of the VI is a rapid process.
- Mechanical misalignment can become an issue as carbon residue on the poles and the exterior surface of the vacuum interrupter can build up, meaning that the distance between the poles is reduced which can cause unsafe operation.
Manufacturer Part Number: BR-29090
- Application field: The instrument is intended for use in medium and high-voltage substations and industrial environments.
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +50°C (32°F to +122°F)
- Storage & transport Temperature: -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F)
- Humidity: 5% – 95% RH, non-condensing
- LVD: 2006/95/EC
- EMC: 2004/108/EC
- Mains voltage: 115 / 230 V AC (switchable), 50 / 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 69 VA (max)
- Protection: Overload cut-out
- Instrument Dimensions: 250 x 210 x 125 mm (9.8” x 8.3” x 4.9”)
- Transport case Dimensions: 460 x 430 x 210 mm (18.0” x 17” x 8.3”)
- Weight: 6.9 kg (15.5 lbs), 10.7 kg (23.6 lbs) with accessories and transport case
- Green lamp: Indicates an approved breaking chamber
- Red lamp: Indicates a defect breaking chamber, lights up if the current exceeds 0.3 mA
- Yellow lamp: Indicate that the test was interrupted
- Standard voltages, switchable: 10, 14, 25, 40 and 60 kV DC
- Customized voltage: Between 10 and 60 kV DC. Determined at the factory. Default voltage is 50 kV.
- Ripple: Max 3%
- Megger VIDAR Vacuum Interrupter Tester
- Permanently mounted cable set 5m (16 ft)
- Ground (earth) Cable
- Transport Case (GD-00030)
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.