"New & Improved Model Makes The Metrel MI3000 Even Better Value For Money"
Metrel MI3000 Easi Plus Multifunction Tester
The Metrel MI3000 Multifunction Tester allows fixed electrical installations in both commercial and domestic environments to be fully tested in compliance with the Part P and 17th Edition regulations. It is the most cost effective MFT on the market and is a firm favourite with electrical installers and commissioning engineers.
The MI3000 can perform a variety of electrical tests including continuity, insulation up to 1000V, fully automatic RCD testing (with ramp test), earth loop impedance testing, real-time AC voltage monitoring, PSC (prospective short circuit current) and phase rotation testing.
The new and improved model also provides automatic pass and fail indication on loop (Zs) testing. Simply enter the circuit protective device and its rating and the unit will show either a tick or cross to indicate whether the measured Zs value is compliant or not. The value will also be displayed in Ohms so you can record this on your certificates.
In addition, the newly designed Metrel MI3000 offers onscreen schematic help diagrams so that users can be confident that they have correctly connected the test leads to the conductors. These help diagrams are easily accessed for a range of tests from R1+R2 continuity testing to loop testing across line conductors in a three phase installation.
Metrel MI3000 Key Features:
- 17th edition compliant on both single and three phase installations
- Real-time Voltage Monitoring
- Automatic Pass/Fail indication on loop testing
- Fully automatic RCD Testing with Non-Trip Feature
- Inbuilt battery charger and rechargeable batteries supplied.
- Supports 110V systems
- Lightweight, compact and easy to use, now with schematic help diagrams
- Includes 3 year manufacturer's warranty and Calibration Certificate
Voltage protection is provided on all test ranges preventing damage if the tester is incorrectly connected across phases, while the 6-in-1 test mode makes short work of RCD testing. Reset the breaker and the Metrel MI3000 will continue to carry out the test with the ramp test indicating actual trip current and the RCD Triplock feature preventing any RCDs from tripping.
The long term reliability of this multifunction tester is guaranteed by Metrel's 3 year warranty and the ability to update the onboard firmware to comply with any future changes in regulations.
FREE GIFT WITH THE MI3000 - Choose one of the following:
- The CALBOX Calibration Checkbox (worth £39.95 + VAT)
- HandyMAN TEK900 Voltage & Continuity Tester (worth £49.95 + VAT)
- Kewtech Loopcheck 106 Loop Impedance Socket Tester (worth £30.00 + VAT)
- Continuity Test R1 & R2
- Insulation tests @ 100v, 250v, 500v, and 1000v
- Insulation range up to1000MΩ
- Complete RCD Auto Test - "All 6 tests in 1 visit"
- RCD Ramp Test - indicates actual trip current
- RCD Triplock - Guaranteed not to trip RCD's
- Loop, ZE,ZS,110V,230V and 415V
- PSC (Measure the potential fault current between phase/neutral and earth/neutral conductors), LE and LN
- Multi Voltage System Support
- Multi Voltage Monitor "online" single/3 phase
- Phase rotation
- Polarity Test
- Frequency Test
- Test cable Universal connection 3 x 1,5 m
- Power supply adapter + 6 NiMH AA accus
- Test tip (blue, green, black)
- Alligator clip, 3 pcs (blue, green, black)
- Soft carrying neck belt
- Soft carrying bag
- Instruction manual on CD
- Calibration Certificate
- 36 months manufacturers warranty
5 Item(s)per pageQ: Does this do auto rcd check to save the user running to and form the tester to change settings Posted On: 15/02/2014 By: JamesA: Hi James, Yes, the MI3000 will conduct an automatic RCD test. All of the test results will be displayed on the screen when you return to the meter after the test is complete.Q: Will this machine work as a 2 wire tester or if 3 wire can nuetral and earth be jumped to work as 2 wire. ? Posted On: 03/02/2014 By: Mike BoxA: Hi Mike, You can use the Metrel MI3000 as a 2 wire tester by connecting together the neutral and earth test leads. Please be aware that a loop test is conducted at a high current when selecting a loop test with the two wire configuration. This means any RCD device protecting a circuit under test will be likely to trip.Q: Hi, does this measure RCD trip times and report the value? Posted On: 20/12/2013 By: MichaelA: Good morning Michael, thank you for posting your question. The Metrel MI3000 can measure trip times and trip current and will display the values measured. Trip times can be measured at 0.5x, 1x, 2x and 5x the RCD protective current rating across multiple types of 10mA, 30mA, 100mA, 300mA, 500mA and 1000mA RCD's. You can also conduct an automatic RCD test so you don't have to repeat each test after resetting the RCD. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any further enquiries.Q: will this unit work on 55-0-55v 110v for live testing of RCDs and live loop tests? Posted On: 18/11/2013 By: daveA: Hi Dave, thank you for posting your question. Yes, you can test 110V systems with the Metrel MI3000. There are two different test settings; a single phase with center tap connected to earth (i.e. 2 x 55 V) and a three phase star connection, center tap connected to earth (i.e. 3 x 63 V). Please bear in mind that you need to select the reduced low voltage supply system in the instrument menu before testing it. The procedure for selecting the reduced low voltage supply system is highlighted within the user manual of the product. Once the reduced low voltage system is selected, the instrument can be used immediately. I hope that this helps, please feel free to call us on 01132 48 99 66 if you need any further assistance.Q: Hi , are the Leads GS38 compliant? Cheers Posted On: 08/11/2013 By: Nigel HynesA: Hi, thanks for posting your question. The test leads supplied are GS38 compliant. The tips are shrouded and the probes feature a suitable finger guard. Please note that the fuses used to protect the test leads are fitted within the meter itself, rather than within the test leads. I hope that this helps
- Review by Peter (Posted on 03/02/2014)
- Review by james (Posted on 31/01/2014)
- Review by Alan Rutherford (Posted on 20/01/2014)
The Metrel MI3000 really is well and above its price and by far the obvious choice when looking at MFT's with a budget in mind.
- Review by happyhippydad (Posted on 26/09/2013)
I have never had any problems with it and I find it very simple to use.
It has RCD trip function which is essential these days for Zs testing.
- Review by Domestic/Commercial (Posted on 23/09/2013)
- Review by Andrew Brown (Posted on 25/03/2013)
- Review by Tony Morris (Posted on 14/08/2012)
- Review by Anonymous (Posted on 01/08/2012)
- Review by DEAN Sparky (Posted on 24/07/2012)
- Review by Andy Snook (Posted on 16/03/2012)
- Review by Nick Pearson (Posted on 16/12/2011)
- Review by Bill Dennis (Posted on 07/03/2011)
- Review by matt (Posted on 20/12/2010)
- Review by Tony (Posted on 25/06/2010)
- Review by John Wilson (Posted on 13/10/2009)
- Review by Paul Harper-Smith (Posted on 03/07/2009)
Excellent value for money and with 3 year warranty and cal cert included. I have learnt after receiving the Metrel that it is upgradeable in case of any changes to regualtions free of charge. It did not find this feature with any other testers. Would recommend to anyone
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): 1-3 working days
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95
- Saturday Pre 12am Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.