Radiodetection eC.A.T4 Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool
The Radiodetection eC.A.T4 Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool allows ground excavation workers to detect buried utility services such as electricity supply cables, telecoms cables, pipes and building structures before digging.
The eCAT4 extends the specification offered by the CAT4 by including the following features as standard:
- ‘SWING warning’ - SWING warning alerts the user to incorrect operation through excessive or rapid swinging of the instrument that could potentially lead to incorrect detections.
- Data acquisition - an internal electronic memory allows for over a year’s worth of data to be stored on the eCAT4. Data can be backed up to a PC at any time, giving unlimited record keeping for the life of the product. Data can be analysed to aid in compliance and for identifying areas where instrument use can be improved as part of a training schedule - add CAT Manager software above for full reporting functionality.
Furthermore, the following options are available to select from the drop-down list above:
- CALSafe and service indication - enabled units can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of the defined calibration interval, assisting compliance with individual company policies. Service indication presents the user with a 31 day service countdown timer.
- 'StrikeAlert' - enables the eCAT4 to detect utilities that are buried at a shallow depth that may cause potential ‘strike’ risks.
For the majority of applications, the eCAT4 cable avoidance tool should be used with Radiodection’s Genny4 Signal Generator. When used alongside the Genny4, the eCAT4 can be used in ‘genny mode’, detecting cables and pipes that don’t generate radio signals/EMFs, or perhaps may be too far away/buried too deep for the eCAT4 tool to locate on its own.
Featuring 4 user modes, the Radiodetection eC.A.T4 is ideal for a multitude of applications:
- Avoidance mode - simultaneously detects genny, power and radio signals
- Power mode - detects EMFs that naturally circulate buried loaded power cables
- Radio mode - detects long-range radio signals travelling along buried pipes and cables
- Genny mode - used for detecting signals generated by the Radiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator
The eC.A.T4 features ‘Dynamic Overload Protection’ that filters out the nuisance of electrical noise generated by electrical equipment that can affect the detection of buried utility services. Signal strength is displayed on the eCAT4’s high-contrast, backlit LCD screen, which features a bargraph ‘tidemark’ allowing for simple locating of hidden underground utilities.
All Radiodetection CAT4 and Genny4 products are Network Rail approved – please click here to view the Network Rail Certificate.
Radiodetection eC.A.T4 Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool key features
- Accurately detect underground cables, pipes and structures
- Log/download over a year's worth of measurement data
- ‘SWING warning’ – alerts user of incorrect operation
Radiodetection C.A.T4 range comparison matrix
C.A.T4 C.A.T4+ eC.A.T4 eC.A.T4+ gC.A.T4 gC.A.T4+ Avoidance mode ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Genny signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Power signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Radio signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Smaller diameter locate frequency ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ eCert ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Dynamic overload protection ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Depth ✔ ✔ ✔ StrikeAlert Option Option Option Option ✔ ✔ Data aquisition ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Service due indicator ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ SWING warning ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ CALSafe Option Option ✔ ✔ Bluetooth (for future use) ✔ ✔ GPS/GNSS ✔ ✔
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.