Tramex Skipper Plus - Moisture Meter
- Non-destructive detection and measurement of moisture in Wooden boats, GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) boat hulls, wooden parts, components, decks etc.
- Three measurement ranges optimized for testing of different materials such as Hardwood, GRP and Surface moisture.
- Deep signal penetration to detect elevated moisture through most covering and coating materials and deep into the core of composite hulls without having to damage or puncture the material being tested.
- External rubber electrodes in direct contact with material being tested for best sensitivity, repeatability and greater depth of signal penetration.
- Wide range of readings for wood of 5% to 30% on hard wood scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for GRP and other materials.
- Large, clear, easy to read display giving meaningful readings.
- Hold function enables user to “freeze” the reading, useful when taking readings in awkward places where the meter face may not be visible.
- High Moisture Audio Warning Tone that can be switched on or off.
- Automatic Power Cutoff switches “Off” when not in use to save battery.
Osmosis in GRP
Osmosis, also known as Gelcoat Blistering, is found in GRP hulls - when moisture soaks into the hull surface, collects between the glassfibre or plastic laminate, resulting in blistering of the gelcoat. Usually found on or below the waterline, Osmosis dramatically reduces the structural strength of the hull and the value of a boat.
Skipper Plus Moisture Meter is used for:
- Early detection before blistering appears.
- Identifying the affected area.
- Monitoring hull during de-humidification and repairs.
- Checking stripped or peeled areas for dryness prior to re-coating.
To achieve a lasting finish and strength of wooden boats and boat parts it is essential to ensure that they are well maintained and do not contain excess moisture. Excess moisture can rot and decay the wood itself.
Moisture in Wood
Moisture can cause peeling and blistering of applied finishes and treatments, newly applied finishes can fail prematurely if the wood it is applied to is not sufficiently dry. Hidden or trapped moisture can lead to mold and biological growth.
The Skipper Plus can be moved across the surface of the boat to moisture survey in a fast and thorough manner, detecting moisture non-destructively through paint and coatings on wood up to a depth of 30mm (1.25”). The Skipper Plus can also be used to detect leaks and trace them to source both above and below decks.
“State of the art” non-destructive moisture meter for measuring and recording moisture in building materials.
Moisture Encounter Plus
Non-destructive moisture meter employing advanced analog and digital technology with automatic timed cut-out and HOLD facility.
Concrete Encounter CME 4
Non-destructive moisture meter for concrete floors.
CRH Flooring Meter“State of the art” non-destructive testing and recording of moisture content and relative humidity in concrete, gypsum screeds and sub-floors.
Wood Moisture Encounter
Non-destructive testing of wood and wood products.
Professional Moisture Meter
Digital resistance meter with probes, tests deep into wood.
Compact Moisture Meter
Economical pin-type resistance meter for wood.
R.W.S. Roof & Wall Scanner
Non-destructive Moisture Scanner for the building envelope.
Mobile non-destructive moisture surveying instrument for inspecting flat roofs.
- 9v battery
- Carry pouch
- Instruction manual
- 12 months manufacturers warranty
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.