Clare Sentinel 500 Electrical Safety Tester - AC/DC Hipot Tester
The Clare Sentinel 500 Hipot tester is a mid-range electrical safety tester designed for product manufacturers and electrical compliance testers. Comprising all of the test features of the Sentinel 200, the Clare Sentinel 500 additionally offers an extended 500VA AC power output increasing the current measurement range up to 100mA, a requirement in most testing standards.
Besides the extended power output specification, the Care Sentinel 500 also offers the following test features in order to complete the spectrum of electrical safety tests, complying with IEC, EN, UL and CSA standards:
- 5kVAC dielectric strength test
- 6kVDC dielectric strength test
- ARC detection
Moreover, the Sentinel 500 also features a 'Sweep function'. When used in manual mode, the Sweep function allows the engineer to plot measured values, current or resistance against the test time. The results are displayed in a graph upon the instrument display that will allow changes to be viewed in live time. This feature is extremely useful for R&D laboratories who need to assess the electrical properties of a piece of equipment over a set time period.
In order to minimise damage to equipment under test and to comply with international standards, the dielectric tests on the Sentinel 500 can be set to ramp up voltage gradually and held for a period that can be programmed between 0.1 and 999.9 seconds. Testing can be conducted manually or remotely, and the Sentinel 500 can even be integrated into PLC and safety interlocking systems.
Impressively, the voltage output on the Sentinel 500 can also be set between 0.100 kVAC/DC and 5kVAC or 6kVDC in steps of 2V. This means the resultant current measurement can be displayed at a resolution from 1µA (±1.5% +30µA), granting the Clare Sentinel series to be one of the most accurate electrical safety testers available.
The Clare Sentinel 200, 500 and 501 are suitable for use in R&D facilities, repair centres and compliance laboratories. The range offers AC/DC dielectric strength tests, up to 500VA AC power output, earth bond tests and DC insulation resistance tests. Engineers will benefit from the easy-to-use design and intuitive user interface.
Electrical Test Compliance for Manufacturers
Worldwide technical standards are in place to ensure various electrical safety and performance targets are met when electrical products are manufactured in order not pose a danger to the end user. Products must adhere to the requirements of relevant product safety standards if they are to meet the requirements of certain test standards.
The Clare Sentinel Electrical Safety Testers comply with IEC, EN, UL and CSA electrical test standards to name a few, the BSEN and North American electrical safety standards are as follow:
- British Standard: BS EN 60598-1 sets out the general requirements for luminaires, including lighting equipment that operates from supply voltages of up to 1000V. All the requirements and tests covered in this standard relate to the classification, marking, mechanical design and electrical construction. BS EN 60598-1 looks at all the aspects of electrical safety, as well as thermal and mechanical safety. It’s also important to take into account that these requirements apply to luminaires with igniters built in and separate from ballasts.
- North America: UL 1598 applies to luminaires for use in non-hazardous locations and that are intended for installation on branch circuits of 600 V nominal or less between conductors in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I (CEC), CSA C22.1, with the U.S. National Electrical Code (NEC), ANSI/NFPA 70, and with the Mexican National Electrical Code, NOM-001-SEDE.
- 500VA AC Power Output (100mA)
- Remote and PLC Control
- EN 60598, UL 1598, IEC and CSA C22.2 Testing Compliance
Clare Sentinel Comparison Chart
Sentinel Model Sentinel 200 Sentinel 500 Sentinel 501 Part number 489A910 489A920 489A921 Earth/ground bond - - ✔ AC dielectric strength ✔ ✔ ✔ DC dielectric strength ✔ ✔ ✔ DC insulation resistance - - ✔ Power output 200VA (40mA) 500VA (100mA) 500VA (100mA) ARC detection ✔ ✔ ✔
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.