FLIR CM55 Flexible Clamp Meter
The FLIR CM55 Flexible Clamp Meter - like its bigger brother the CM57 - has one big advantage over traditional, hard-jaw clamp meters when measuring AC current: its flexible coil clamp can snake through tight spaces and thin gaps to help measure awkward and hard-to-reach wiring that is beyond the reach of hard-jaw meters. The CM55’s 25cm coil clamp also allows for easy storage and manoeuvrability.
In addition to its useful and distinctive clamp, the AC current-measuring capability of the CM55 is very impressive. The device can take a maximum AC current of 3000A with True RMS for greater accuracy (±3% + 5 digits). Three range options (30.00A, 300.0A, 3000A) provide for greater precision when measuring smaller values and Inrush current is another useful tool that can capture AC current spikes during equipment start-up phases. The data record mode with 20,000 records' storage and a 1 minute sample rate makes it suitable for taking measurements over a long period of time.
Several practical features make the CM55 easier to use. Two bright LED work lights help overcome shadows and illuminate poorly lit places whilst data can be quickly uploaded and transferred to iOS or Android smartphones thanks to the CM55’s Bluetooth connectivity. All you have to do is download the free FLIR Mobile Tools App and connect. Connectivity is particularly useful when taking several measurements at once because several CM55s can connect at the same time, thereby providing real time values for multiphase systems. Furthermore, it allows values to be monitored at a safe distance, although results can still be viewed on the CM55's clear, backlit LCD screen.
Finally, the device’s FLIR build quality allows it to withstand a three metre fall and it also comes with a limited lifetime warranty for further peace of mind. The CM55 is an incredibly useful device when measuring awkward wiring and it has several user-friendly functions for both practical use and accurate measurement of AC current.
FLIR part number: CM55
- 25.4cm flexible coil clamp
- True RMS
- Three AC current ranges of 30.00A, 300.0A, and 3000A
- Inrush current measurement for start-up spikes
- ±3% basic accuracy
- Bluetooth connectivity to iOS and Android (range: 10m)
- Multiple meters can connect at any one time
- Two bright LED work lights
- Resistant to 3m on drop test
- Cat IV up to 600V, Cat III up to 1000V
- Limited life time warranty
- Maximum AC Current: 3000A
- AC response: True RMS
- AC current ranges and resolution: 30.00A, 300.0A, 3000A
- Basic AC current accuracy: ±3% + 5 digits
- Maximum resolution: 0.01A
- AC current bandwidth: 45Hz - 500Hz (sine wave)
- Inrush current: Min 0.5A, 100mS
- Data record mode: 20,000 points, 1 min sample rate
- Positional error (distance from optimum): ±2% at 15mm; ±2.5% at 25mm; 3% at 35mm
- Display: 3000 count LCD with backlight and multi-function indicators
- Max conductor diameter capacity: 6cm
- Flex coil length: 25cm
- Flex coil diameter: 7.5mm
- Flex coil tip diameter: 13mm
- Worklight: Two white LEDs
- Bluetooth range max: 10m
- Wireless ID# max: Up to 20
- Power supply: 2 x 1.5V AAA
- Drop test: 3m
- Agency approvals: FCC Class B, CE, UL
- Safety rating: Cat IV to 600V, Cat III to 1000V
- Standards: EN61010-1, EN61010-2-032, EN61326-1
- Warranty: Limited lifetime with registration*
*register within 60 days of purchase at www.flir.com/warranty
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.