Megger MIT420/2 CAT IV Insulation Resistance Tester
The Megger MIT420/2 Insulation Tester (1004-739) can be used for a wide range of testing applications including avionic system tests, military (land, marine and air communications), production line, electrostatic measurements and electronic component testing amongst many other areas.
Featuring insulation resistance output voltages of 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000V, providing measurements up to 200GΩ, the Megger MIT410/2 also features a variable range that allows the exact test voltage to be selected from between 10V and 1000V that is accurate to -0% +2%. The instrument can be used to carry out polarisation index (PI) and dielectric absorption ratio (DAR) diagnostic tests.
The Megger MIT 420/2 can be used as a low resistance ohm-meter to measure resistance across a range of 0.01 to 999kΩ, with an auto-null allowing a resistance of up to 10Ω to be zeroed prior to testing. Furthermore, the Megger MIT 420/2 insulation tester features a bi-directional test current that will reverse polarity of the test without having to switch test leads. The MIT 420/2 can also measure capacitance (electrical charge) between 0.1 nF and 10 μF.
All models within the MIT4XX/2 range offer a live circuit detection, that prevents measurements from being conducted on live circuits, protecting the instrument and user from potential danger.
The Megger MIT420/2 features an internal memory capable of storing up to 1000 records. These test measurements can be re-called at a later date making this an ideal instrument for diagnosing, repairing and checking faulty electrical systems.
Sealed to IP54, providing a weatherproof case to reduce the chances of water ingress, including the battery and fuse compartment. Rubber over-moulding combines a shock absorbing outer layer with excellent grip
The Megger MIT4XX/2 models officially replace the special application insulation testers that were the MIT400, MIT410, MIT420 and MIT430. The main benefits of the new series include:
- Over voltage limit of 2% - rather than the industry standard of 10-20%; ultimately reducing the chance of damage to circuits and components;
- Variable test range (MIT420/2 and MIT430/2 only) – an exact and stable test voltage can be selected from between 10V and 1000V.
- New redesigned carry case, back stand and 6 cell battery compartment with separate access to user-serviceable fuses.
Supplied with red and black silicone test leads (with probes and clips), SP5 switch probe for remote testing, owners information CD, 6 x AA batteries and a hard carry case.
Megger MIT420/2 key features:
- Over voltage limit of 2%
- 50V, 100V, 250V, 500V or 1000V insulation resistance test voltages
- Variable output voltage between 10V and 1000V
- Click here for full product specifications
- Red Lead 1.25m complete with probe
- Black Lead 1.25m complete with probe
- Red Croc Clip
- Black Croc Clip
- SP5 switch probe
- Instrument Rubber Boot
- Calibration Certificate
- Owner's CD
- Hard carry case
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.