MemoryPAT Appliance Tester
The MemoryPAT is a compact battery powered Portable Appliance Tester, and can be used to test PCs, monitors, kettles, desk lights, drills, hairdryers etc. If an appliance has a plug, it can be tested on the MemoryPAT. The clear controls and displays make this instrument very easy to use. The instructions, labels and sample records supplied make it very easy for anyone to undertake safety testing on all electrical appliances. The user has only to decide whether the equipment to be tested is built to a Class I or Class II construction. The supplied test clip is connected and the appropriate button pressed.
All test results are saved in the internal memory and can results can also be downloaded to a PC using appropriate software.
The MemoryPAT is supplied with the following:
- MemoryPAT Appliance Tester
- MemoryPAT Downloader software
- USB lead and mains adaptor
- Test lead (with crocodile clip)
- 230V Extension Lead adaptor
- Equipment Register form
- Test Record form
- Instruction manual
The MemoryPAT can also test surge protected extension leads often found in office environments around IT equipment, if you have any long extension leads in excess of 5 metres then change the length settings in the menu, the internal test limits are adjusted so you are less likely to get false fail indications.
PAT Training Services;suggest performing common sense visual indications on appliances to check for any obvious visual defects that may affect the safety prior to using the MemoryPAT. So look at the appliance first for any electrical, mechanical or thermal damage that might affect the safety, making sure you inspect the plug, flexible cable and the body/case and switches of the appliance. Appliances can fail during a visual inspection, don't be afraid to use the FREE Fail labels! This small hand held Memory PAT unit is ideal for most smaller companies, offices, shops etc and service applications. It performs fundamental safety checks on Class 1 (earthed) and Class II (double insulated) 240 volt ac UK electrical appliances.
Earth Continuity Test
- Current: 150mA
- O.C. Voltage: 8 - 10V
- Tolerance: 5% +20mΩ
Fail Threshold (based on user selected lead length)
- 1m >0.1Ω Default
- 5m ; >0.2Ω
- 10m >0.3Ω
- 15m >0.4Ω
- 20m >0.5Ω
- 25m >0.6Ω
- 30m >0.7Ω
- 35m >0.8Ω
- 40m >0.9Ω
- 45m >1.0Ω
- 50m >1.1Ω
- Test Voltage: 500V +/- 10% into 0.5MΩ
- Test Voltage: 250V +/- 10% into 0.5MΩ
- Tolerance: 5% + 0.1
- Fail Threshold Class I: < 1MΩ
- Fail Threshold Class II: < 2MΩ
- Test Voltage: 30V DC
- Tests: Live, Neutral open circuit, Live to Neutral short
Power On Test
- Test Voltage: 40V rms
- Resistance: On if <10kΩ
- Battery: 9V, 600mAh, 7 x AAA NiMH
- Life: > 500 operations
- Dimensions: 325 x 130 x 45mm
- Weight: 1.1kg
- MemoryPAT Battery Powered Appliance Tester
- MemoryPAT Download Utility
- Power Supply for Rechargeable Battery (Already Fitted)
- Test Lead
- Extension Lead Test Adaptor (Blue)
- User manual
- Appliance Register Form
- Product Verification Certificate
- 12 months manufacturer's warranty
- Review by Harry Bartram (Posted on 02/04/2014)
This allows me to store the tests instead of writing them down.
The tester arrived in a slightly damaged box but thankfully the tester wasn't damaged and everything worked ok.
Would buy another
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.