Metrohm DC Live Line Indicator to 1500V DC - LLI1500
The Metrohm LLI1500DC High Voltage DC Live Line Indicator (LLI) is a battery operated electronic unit that has been specifically designed to test DC systems - with particular relevance to Mass Transit Railway (Metro) & Tram based models. Although usually applied to overhead catenaries they can also be used on “third rail” installations. Proving that the system is de-energised – and can thus be safely earthed – is important to both maintenance staff and system security.
Three DC Live Line Indicators versions are available to cover the most common system voltages of 750V, 1500V and 3000V DC.
DC Live Line Indicator Key Features:
- Voltage Range: 1500V DC
- Std Thresholds: 500V DC
- Resistor Chain 3MΩ.
- Operating time: 5 minutes nominal.
- Visual indication: LED's.
- Status: Alarm Red Flash @ 2Hz.
- Status: Safe Green Flash @ 2Hz.
- Audible indication: Buzzer, 3.1 kHz tone, modulated @ 2Hz, 70dBA @ 1.5 Metres.
- Battery life: 250 Operations minimum.
- DC Live Line Indicator Warranty: 1 year
For safety the DC LLI gives both visual (high intensity flashing red LED’s) and audible (70dB) alarm should a conductor under test indicate as live. Each version has a threshold setting of approximately 33% of system voltage, above which the line is deemed to be energised. The unit is first armed with the test button which will cause the alarms to activate and upon releasing the button the red LED’s will be replaced by green ones and the audible alarm will stop. The green condition will remain active for about 5 minutes during which time the unit can be applied to the line under test and if the threshold is exceeded the warning alarms will again be activated. Pressing the test button also performs a battery check.
A universal “star wheel” adaptor is also available to connect to other operating poles and alternative clamps are available to suit various earthing systems, e.g. buried rail.
- DC Live Line Indicator with earth lead & clamp
- Bowthorpe Rod Adaptor incorporated into indicator case moulding
- Universal Star-wheel Adaptor
- Hook, Y and straight electrode
- Polymer Cleaning Kit
- Instruction manual
- Carry Satchel
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.