Radiodetection eC.A.T4+ Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool with Depth Function
The Radiodetection eC.A.T4+ Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool is intended for ground workers to locate and map out buried electricity supply cables, data/telecoms cables, pipes and building structures before commencing excavation works.
The eCAT4 Plus extends on the specification featured by the eCAT4 by including a depth function that indicates buried depths of a located utility services situated underground. Note that this model is available in either Metric or Imperial variants depending on which depth display unit is preferable, please inform us which unit you require when ordering.
In addition to displaying the depth of a located utility, the eCAT4+ includes the following features as standard:
- ‘SWING warning’ – incorrect use of the instrument can lead to inaccurate indications. As such, SWING warning alerts the user when excessive or rapid swinging is taking place.
- Data acquisition – the eCAT4+ can log over a year’s worth of data that can be downloaded using the optional CAT Manager Software package (available to select from above). This allows surveying data to be recorded as part of a project management schedule; data can also be analysed to highlight areas of improper use which in turn can be used as an instrument training schedule.
The following optional features are available to select from the drop-down list above:
- CALSafe and service indication – activated instruments can be set to automatically lock off on expiry of a set calibration interval, assisting compliance with internal ISO9001 company policies. The service indicator displays a 31 day countdown timer to remind the user of an impending calibration service date.
- 'StrikeAlert' allows the eCAT4+ to locate utilities that are situated at a low depth level that could pose a potential ‘strike’ risk.
In general, the eC.A.T4+ cable avoidance tool should be used together with Radiodection’s Genny4 Signal Generator. This permits the eCAT4+ to be switched to ‘genny mode’, allowing for cables and pipes that would normally be too deep or far away for the eCAT4+ avoidance tool to locate on its own.
Featuring 4 user modes, the Radiodetection eC.A.T4 is ideal for a multiple service locating applications:p>
- Avoidance mode - detect genny, power and radio signals
- Power mode - detects electromagnetic forces that naturally surround buried loaded power cables
- Radio mode - detects long wave radio signals travelling along buried services
- Genny mode - used for receiving signals produced by the Radiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator
The C.A.T4 range of cable avoidance tools feature ‘Dynamic Overload Protection’ that eradicates nuisance electrical ‘noise’ generated by certain electrical equipment that can affect the detection of buried utility services. Detected signals are displayed on the eCAT4+’s high-contrast, backlit LCD screen, on a bargraph ‘tidemark’ display, ideal for simple locating of hidden underground cables, pipes and structures.
All Radiodetection CAT4 and Genny4 products are Network Rail approved – please click here to view the Network Rail Certificate.
Radiodetection eC.A.T4+ Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool with Depth Function key features
- Map underground cables, pipes and structures with depth indication
- Log/download over a year's worth of measurement data
- ‘SWING warning’ – alerts user of incorrect operation
Radiodetection C.A.T4 range comparison matrix
C.A.T4 C.A.T4+ eC.A.T4 eC.A.T4+ gC.A.T4 gC.A.T4+ Avoidance mode ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Genny signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Power signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Radio signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Smaller diameter locate frequency ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ eCert ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Dynamic overload protection ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Depth ✔ ✔ ✔ StrikeAlert Option Option Option Option ✔ ✔ Data aquisition ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Service due indicator ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ SWING warning ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ CALSafe Option Option ✔ ✔ Bluetooth (for future use) ✔ ✔ GPS/GNSS ✔ ✔
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.