Radiodetection gC.A.T4+ Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool with GPS/GNSS and Depth Function
The Radiodetection gC.A.T4+ Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool with GPS/GNSS and Depth Function is used by ground work crew to locate and map out buried power supply cables, telecoms cables/pipes and other underground building structures before site excavation.
The gCAT4+ cable avoidance tool boasts the same specification as the gCAT4, although in addition indicates the depth of located underground services. Note depth can be either displayed in Metric or Imperial units - please be sure to let us know which unit is preferred upon ordering.
The top of the range Radiodetection gCAT4+ includes the following features as standard:
- ‘SWING warning’ - in-built motion sensors warn operators of excessive and/or rapid swinging of the instrument to encourage best working practice
- Data acquisition - log over a year’s worth of surveying data which can be downloaded by USB and reported using the optional CAT Manager Software utility (select from above if applicable). Suitable for both project management and training purposes to demonstrate correct/incorrect instrument use.
- CALSafe and service indication - the gC.A.T4+ tool can be set to automatically ‘lock-out’ when a calibration expiry date is programmed. A service reminder indicator can also be set to count down 31 days which will inform the user of a pending calibration service.
- 'StrikeAlert' - this feature alerts the operative to underground services that are situated close to ground level that will threaten a possible ‘strike’ risk if left undetected.
- GPS/GNSS - automatically logs the geographic location of measurements made without the need of user interaction.
In most instances, the gCAT4+ should always be used with Radiodetection’s Genny4 Signal Generator. This allows the instrument to be used in ‘Genny mode’ allowing for services to be located that don’t emit electromagnetic fields or carry long range radio signals.
The Radiodetection gCAT4+ features 4 user modes:
- Avoidance mode -recieves genny, power and radio signals simultaneously
- Power mode - receive EMF signals emitted by live underground power cables
- Radio mode - detect long wave radio signals travelling along buried pipes/cables
- Genny mode - for use with the Radiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator
All CAT4 cable avoidance tools include ‘Dynamic Overload Protection’. This feature filters out unwanted electrical noise created by machinery and surface mounted cables that could cause the CAT4 to give incorrect indications. The instruments feature a high-contrast, backlit LCD screen that clearly indicates signal strength by means of a ‘tidemark’ bargraph.
All Radiodetection CAT4 and Genny4 products are Network Rail approved – please click here to view the Network Rail Certificate.
Radiodetection gC.A.T4+ Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool with GPS/GNSS and Depth Function key features
- Accurately detect underground cables, pipes and structures with depth indication
- Log measurement locations with inbuilt GPS/GNSS
- Log/download over a year's worth of measurement data
Radiodetection C.A.T4 range comparison matrix
C.A.T4 C.A.T4+ eC.A.T4 eC.A.T4+ gC.A.T4 gC.A.T4+ Avoidance mode ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Genny signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Power signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Radio signal locate ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Smaller diameter locate frequency ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ eCert ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Dynamic overload protection ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Depth ✔ ✔ ✔ StrikeAlert Option Option Option Option ✔ ✔ Data aquisition ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Service due indicator ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ SWING warning ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ CALSafe Option Option ✔ ✔ Bluetooth (for future use) ✔ ✔ GPS/GNSS ✔ ✔
Radiodetection gC.A.T4 Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tool with GPS/GNSS key features
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.