Martindale Voltage and Proving Kit – VIPD 138
Martindale are currently the market leaders in Voltage Detection and the latest update to the VIPD Kit continues their reputation for highly accurate test equipment.
The newest Martindale VIPD Kit includes the PD440 Proving device and the updated VI13800 Voltage Indicator packed within the TC57 Carry Case. (The previous kit included the VI13700/2)
The new VI13800 safely checks for AC and DC voltages from 50V to 600V AC and DC as required by the Electricity Council.
The indicator contains bright neon lights with extended life which give a fast effective display of voltage level range. Martindale have designed the instrument with safety in mind with double insulated test leads and finger guards to prevent the possibility of slipping onto live circuits.
Along with GS38 safety compliant tips the kit now includes a voltage detector which complies with the latest BS EN61243-3:2010 standard for two pole indicators which came fully into force in May 2013.
This update to the regulations state the previously standardised fused two pole indicators can cause unreliability. It is also possible for a fused indicator to fail to show hazardous voltage. Although the issue is deemed to be small the BS EN61243-3 prohibits the use of fuses in 2 pole voltage indicators.
Martindale have replaced the fuse in favour of a high wattage resistor in the probe that limits the current in the event of a damaged cable. This allows for a reduction of the flow under a potential fault making the device much safer to use. It is interesting to point out that many competitors do not have any kind of protection within their probes.
You can differentiate the new VI-13800 from the VI-13700/2 by the distinct black probe colour and its “impedance protected” marking the unit is also completely sealed. All other specifications from the VI-13700/2 remain the same including the high contrast inner cable effective when a cable is damaged.
Accompanied in the kit is a PD440 proving unit which can prove contact type voltage indicators between 440V @ 500kΩ load or higher. The PD440 is a battery powered portable proving unit which can be used with a range of indicators with 230V and 415/440V AC or DC detection ranges. The device is also perfect for checking Drummond and other filament lamps due to its output being sufficient to illuminate the bulb.
The Kit is supplied with a 2 year manufactures warranty.
A Voltage Indicator should always be tested against a live source or proving unit to confirm the long term reliability of results given whilst testing live circuits.
The Martindale Voltage and Proving Kit – VIPD 138 is the ideal kit for electricians, technicians and engineers looking to safely prove live and dead circuits in accordance with the Electricity at Work regulations..
Martindale VI13800 Voltage Indicator Specification
- Nominal Voltage Range: 50 - 600V AC / DC
- Nominal Voltage Threshold Indications: 50, 100, 200, 400 V DC/AC rms
- Nominal Voltage threshold tolerance: < 85% of marked threshold indication
- Polarity indication: from approx 12V DC/AC rms
- AC/DC voltage detection: automatic
- Range detection: automatic
- Response time: < 0.1s
- Frequency range: DC, 1 - 400 Hz
- Test current: < 3.5mA at 600V DC/AC rms
- Duty ratio: 30s ON (operated) / 240s OFF (recovery)
- Temperature & Humidity (operating & storage): -10°C to 55°C ≤ 85% R.H. / -10°C to 55°C ≤ 85% R.H.
- Altitude: up to 2000m
- IP rating: IP54
- Power: from circuit under test
- Dimensions: 205(L) x 67(W) x 27(D) mm
- Weight: 130g approx.
- Includes: instructions
- Conforms to BS EN 61243-3:2010 CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000V
- Class II, Double Insulation
- Pollution Degree: 2
- EMC: Conforms to BS EN 61326-1
Martindale PD440 Proving Unit Specification
- 440V nominal
- -10°C to +40°C at max 70% RH
- 6 x LR6 / MN1500 1.5V alkaline batteries or equivalent
- 143 x 84 x 50mm
- 400g approx including battery
- Martindale VI13800 Voltage Tester
- Martindale PD440 Proving Device
- Martindale TC57 Carry Case
- 6 x AA Batteries
- FREE Kewtech Kewlok
- Review by happysteve (Posted on 10/07/2014)
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.