T&R PT30-10 mk2 DC Cable Test System
- ±30kVdc output voltage (PT30-10)
- 10mA output capability
- Both voltage and current metered on HV outputs
- Automatic earth system for dumping capacitive loads
- HV output plug & socket system
- Key operated supply switch to prevent unauthorised operation
- Zero-volt interlock - for safety
- Visual indication of test piece failure
- Automatic mains voltage selection
The T and R PT30-10 High Voltage dc Test Sets are designed to perform tests on installed cable and jointing systems. The T and R PT30-10 Mk2 has a variable output voltage with a maximum of ± 30kV dc (PT30-10). This DC test system has a maximum charging capability of 10mA. For safety a zero-volt interlock is fitted that prevents the output being switched on unless the output control is at zero.
This DC test system includes an automatic load discharge system that discharges the cable under test when the output is switched off or a breakdown occurs. The internal dumping system can discharge a maximum of 2.5kJ on each output, corresponding to 4ïF at 30kV. In the event of a test object failure, the overload circuit will automatically switch off the output voltage and earth the output via the internal discharge circuit. A manual discharge probe is also supplied as standard with the unit, allowing higher load capacitance's to be safely discharged.
This latest Mk 2 version of the T and R PT30-10 Test Set has an automatic 115V/230V mains voltage selection, allowing easy transition between site voltages without the risk of damage.
The output voltage is metered by two large, linear, analogue instruments marked 0-30kV (PT30-10). Test object current is metered by two further analogue instruments with 0-10 scale marking. The meters read 0-10mA directly, or 0-1mA when the ¸10 push button is operated. The HV output from the unit uses a high quality plug and socket system, allowing for easy cable replacement.
The T & R PT30-10s cable test systems have high quality high voltage output connectors, and are supplied with detachable, partially screened output cables.
Test Set Voltage Continuous 5 minutes PT30-10 0 to ±30kV 5mA 10mA
The above intermittent on times must be followed by an off time of 15 minutes, and is based on an ambient temperature of 25°C.
The positive and negative output voltages on the PT series are metered on the HV output by separate analogue instruments.
Test Set Voltage Range Accuracy PT30-10 0-30kV ±1.5% of full scale
The output current on both of the outputs is metered by a dual range analogue instrument. The 1mA range is selected by the¸10 pushbutton adjacent to the mA meter.
Test Set Current Range Accuracy PT30-10 10mA ±2.5% of full scale PT30-10 1mA ±2.5% of full scale
- Protected by an overload trip on the output that operates at 12mA.
Load Discharge System
The PT30-10 is fitted with an automatic internal load discharge system that grounds the load via a 20kW resistor on each output when the output is switched off. The discharge system is rated to dissipate 2.5kJ once every 15 minutes on each output. The PT30-10 can discharge a maximum load capacitance of 4mF per output from 30kV.
- Maximum discharge energy 2.5kJ 2.5kJ
- Maximum discharge capacitance 10mF 4mF from unit max output voltage
Supplied with a DP40 manual discharge probe to allow the discharge of higher capacitance loads. The DP40 discharge probes consist of a pointed probe connected to a 5m long earth lead via a series of surge resistors with an insulated handle. The earth lead insulation is clear silicone allowing the conductor to be easily inspected, and is terminated in an M6 hooked crimp.
- Discharge probe max discharge voltage - 40kV
- Resistance - 60kW
- Maximum discharge energy - 7.2kJ
- Maximum discharge capacitance - 11mF from DP max rated voltage
- T&R PT30-10 mk2 115V/230V±10% auto-selecting 50/60Hz 1ph 750VA max
Protection and Safety
- The output of the unit is protected by an overload trip, and the input and control supplies are protected by fuses.
- The T&R PT30-10 is designed to meet the requirements of BS EN61010.
- An earth terminal is provided on the units which must be connected to a low impedance local earth.
- Storage -20°C to 60°C Operating 0°C to 45°C
Dimensions and Weight
- T and R PT30-10 471x191x362mm 25kg
- Supply lead
- Spare fuse
- Operating manual
- Output leads
- Earth lead
- Carry case
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.