Kewtech KEW3128 12kV Insulation Resistance Tester
The Kewtech KEW3128 is a microprocessor controlled 12kVDC insulation resistance tester capable of providing insulation resistance values of up to 35TΩ. Crucially, the KEW3128 is able to discharge dangerous capacitive charges, consequent when subjecting large DC voltages across inductive loads for set periods of time; allowing for safe testing of cable lengths and other HV equipment.
Ideal for simple compliance testing and leakage current tests, the KEW 3128 can also be used to conduct more in depth diagnostic checks such as:
- PI - polarisation index measurements
- DAR - dielectric absorption ratio
- DD - dielectric discharge
- SV - step voltage measurement
Test measurements can be viewed in ‘live time’ when connected to a PC or laptop, or on the instrument itself which features a large, 320x240 resolution graphical screen. The in-built graphical screen can be scrolled through and zoomed in on specific points through the whole recording period (up to 90 mins), allowing for instant onsite diagnosis. Moreover, a ‘print screen’ function is provided enabling the user to record a Bitmap (.bmp) image of the screen.
The Kewtech KEW3128 12kV tester features an impressive memory, capable of storing 40,000 measurements. When using and ‘KEW Windows’ software package, test data can be downloaded should further test verification or reports be required off-site.
The KEW3128 12kV tester is dual powered and can be operated from a mains supply or from an in-built re-chargeable battery. The insulation tester is supplied and can be operated from within a hard carry case that offers IP68 ingress protection (when the lid is closed), along with test leads, software and USB cable, calibration certificate and user manual.
Kewtech KEW 3128 12kV Tester key features
- 500, 1kV, 2.5kV, 5kV, 10kV and 12kV test voltages
- High 5mA short circuit current
- 35TΩ resistance range
Which Kewtech KEW HV Insulation Tester?
KEW3125A KEW3127 KEW3128 Test Voltage 250V ✔ ✔ ✔ 500V ✔ ✔ ✔ 1000V ✔ ✔ ✔ 2500V ✔ ✔ ✔ 5000V ✔ ✔ ✔ 10000V ✔ 12000V ✔ Measurement Max reading 1 TΩ 10 TΩ 35 TΩ Voltage 30-600 V AC/DC 30-600 V AC/DC 30-600 V AC/DC Capacitance ✔ ✔ Leakage current ✔ ✔ Test Types Timed insulation resistance ✔ ✔ Polarisation index ✔ ✔ ✔ Dielectric absorption ratio ✔ ✔ ✔ Step voltage ✔ ✔ ✔ Dielectric discharge ✔ ✔ ✔ Ramp ✔ ✔ Other Feature Analogue and digital display ✔ ✔ ✔ Short circuit current 1.5 mA 5.0 mA 5.0 mA Rechargeable ✔ ✔ Electrical noise rejection ✔ ✔ ✔ Download software included ✔ ✔
- Voltage output: 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5000V, 10000V,12000V
- Short circuit current: 5.0mA
- Maximum resistance: 35TΩ
- Voltage measurement: 30-600VDC, 30-600VAC (50/60Hz)
- Current measurement: 5.00nA - 2.4mA
- Capacitance measurement: 5.0nF-50.0µF
- Power: Rechargeable Lead storage battery (12V) 4 hours continuous use
- Charging time: approx. 8 hours / AC Power supply (100V - 240V, 50/60Hz)
- Dimensions: 330 (L) × 410 (W) × 180 (D) mm Instrument and Hard case
- Weight: 9kg approx (including battery) Instrument and Hard case
- 7170 (Main cord)
- 7224A (Earth cord)
- 7225A (Guard cord)
- 7226A (Line probe),
- 7227A (Line probe with alligator clip)
- 8029 (Extension prod)
- 8212-USB-W (USB adaptor with KEW Windows (Software))
- Instruction manual
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.