T&R PT18-10 mk2 High Voltage DC Cable Test System
The T&R PT18-10 mk2 High Voltage DC Cable Test System is a high voltage DC test set designed to perform tests on installed cable and joining systems. The T&R PT 18-10 has a variable output voltage with a maximum of ±18kV DC and a maximum charging capability of 10mA. The PT18-10 includes an automatic load discharge system that discharges the cable under test when the output is switched off or a breakdown occurs. The internal dumping system can discharge a maximum of 2.5kJ on each output, corresponding to 10mF at 18kV. In the event of a test object failure, the overload circuit will automatically switch off the output voltage and earth the output via the internal discharge circuit. A manual discharge probe is also supplied that allows higher load capacitances to be safely discharged. The mk2 unit introduces automatic 115/230V mains voltage selection, allowing easy transition between site voltages. The output voltage is metered by two large, linear, analogue instruments marked 0-20kV. Test object current is metered by two further analogue instruments with 0-10 scale marking. The meters read 0- 10mA directly, or 0-1mA when the 10 push button is operated. The HV output from the T and R PT18-10 HVDC cable tester uses a high quality plug and socket system, allowing for easy cable replacement.
The mains supply switch is key operated which prevents unauthorised personnel operating the device. For added safety a zero-volt interlock feature is fitted that prevents the unit being energised unless the control is at zero. The T & R PT18-10 is housed in a robust case that in turn is protected by a padded jacket. It comes supplied with test leads, mains lead, manual discharge stick and an operating manual.
T&R PT18-10 mk2 Features:
- ±18kV DC output voltage
- 10mA output capability
- Both voltage and current metered on HV outputs
- Automatic earth system for dumping capacitive loads
- HV output plug & socket system
- Key operated supply switch to prevent unauthorised operation
- Automatic mains voltage selection
- Visual indication of test piece failure
- Output: 0 to ±18kV, continuous at 5mA, 5mins at 10mA
- Metering voltage: 0-20kV
- Metering current: 1mA, 10mA
- Supply requirements: 115V/240V, 50/60Hz, 1 ph, 600VA max
- Protected by an overload trip on the output that operates at 12mA
- Compliance: BS EN61010
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 45°C
- Dimensions: 471 x 144 x 362mm
- Weight: 17kg
T and R DP20 discharge probe
- Resistance: 30kΩ
- Max discharge energy: 3.6kJ
- Max discharge capacitance: 15µF
- T&R PT18-10 mk2 DC Cable Testing Equipment
- 2m long supply lead
- Spare 7A fuse
- 2 x 5m long output leads
- DP20 discahrge probe
- Earth lead
- Operating manual
- Protective jacket
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.