Megger BITE2P Battery Impedance Tester 246004
The Megger BITE2P Battery Impedance Tester (246004) is a multifunctional instrument that can be used to determine the condition of lead-acid and Ni-Cd (nickel-cadmium) battery cells with output currents of up to 7000 Ah.
Installed in a robust enclosure that houses the instrument and supplied accessories, the BITE2P also features an internal thermal printer that can be used to print and review an active test, or perhaps to present a client with measurements conducted onsite.
Megger’s BITE2P battery impedance tester can be use for testing applications in a variety of environments including:
- Power stations
- DNO substations
- Utility, railway and industrial
- Telecoms including CO, Wireline, Wireless MTSO
- Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) Systems
- Railway signals and communications
- Aircraft battery systems (auxiliary backup)
- Marine and military
Operated using a simple user interface that presents straightforward pass/warning/fail indicators, the BITE2 P will typically conduct a thorough battery test including internal cell impedance, DC terminal voltage and inter-cell connection resistance measurements within 15 seconds. Moreover, these tests are carried out without having to disconnect the battery system.
Notably, the instrument will measure AC ripple current that can have an adverse effect on the condition of a battery by causing it to overheat; effectively, the life of a lead-acid battery is halved if its temperature raises by as little as 10°C.
Using the BITE2P requires no battery discharge in comparison with load cycle testing, which requires substantial downtime and repeated discharges. Moreover, the instruments do not stress the battery in anyway contrasting with other test methods.
Up to 2000 sets of data can be stored onboard the Megger BITE2P which can be exported to a PC using the supplied software, or printed using the internal printer. Being able to record test measurements enables a traceable test method that complies with national IEEE and international NERC and FERC testing requirements.
Megger BITE 2P Battery Impedance Tester key features:
- Test condition of lead-acid and NiCd cells up to 7000Ah online
- Includes software
- Internal printer
- Click here for full product specifications
- Megger BITE 2P battery impedance tester
- Transmitter for BITE2 P30044-300
- Receiver P30620-3
- Fused Source Leads, 20 ft (6 m) 29386-4
- Current sensor, 2 in. (50 mm) opening with 5 ft (1.5 m) lead 2002-786
- CT extension cable, 20 ft (6 m) 33864-2
- Communication cable, 6 ft (1.8 m) 35340
- Charger cable 35341
- Thermal paper
- ac line cord, 8 ft (2.5 m) 17032-7
- Manual for BITE2 and BITE2P AVTM246004
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.