Clare HAL101 Electrical Safety Tester - AC/DC Hipot and DC Insulation Tester
The Clare HAL series of electrical safety testers offer unrivalled flexibility and functionality in order to optimise both efficiency and quality of production line safety testing. The HAL101 is the entry-level model within the Clare HAL range, which is suitable for 50/60Hz AC or DC dielectric strength and DC insulation resistance testing.
Whether used within a laboratory or audit/product compliant environments, the Clare HAL101 user interface is clearly presented upon a large LCD display and can be operated in a manner of ways suitable for different test applications:
- Manually operated by the push of a button, allowing for quick and simple testing
- Manually programmed automatic test sequences, suitable for the demanding nature of a production line
- ‘Test codes’ can be printed using an optional printer and scanned using an optional barcode for quick access to pre-programmed custom test sequences or individual tests
- Furthermore, the Clare HAL101 can be operated by a PC or other suitable device by programming simple command protocols using the ‘Clare Tester Config Tool’, enabling a fully automated test process
- Integrates into a programmable logic controller (PLC) circuit
It is possible to integrate the Clare HAL101 into most ISO quality systems. Traceability is an important aspect of any electrical safety programme and the Clare H101 can store up to 6000 test results internally which can be downloaded to a PC using optional ‘Safety E-base software’.
- Configurable automatic test sequences
- Ideal for mid-high volume production testing
- Comply with EN50191
EN50191 and CE Implications
EN 50191 is a workplace safety standard that complements the product specific international technical CE standards under which all electrical and electronics products must be designed and manufactured.
These technical standards relate to various electrical safety and performance factors ensuring electrical products are constructed in accordance with good engineering practice and will not pose a danger to users. Products must adhere to the requirements of all relevant product safety standards, if they are to meet the requirements to bear the CE mark.
Examples include the Low Voltage and the Machinery Directive. The Clare HAL series are designed to help manufacturers fulfil these obligations, whilst maximising productivity. Clare testers have applications in the laboratory for design verification and type approval testing and on the production line for functional and safety testing, as well as quality control and audit.
In all cases the effective integration of the HAL101 with production line systems not only ensures vital regulatory compliance, but also significantly enhances productivity, product quality and litigation from electric shock.
Please click here for a guide to EN50191.
The Clare HAL In Operation
Clare HAL Series Comparison Chart
HAL101 HAL102 HAL103 HAL104 HAL LED Earth bond - - ✔ ✔ ✔ AC dielectric strength ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ DC dielectric strength ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ DC insulation resistance ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ARC detection ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Leakage - - - ✔ ✔ Load power - - - ✔ ✔ High resolution load power (200mVA resolution) - - - - ✔ Power factor - - - ✔ ✔ Test result storage memory ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Automation option ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Barcode scanner/printer option ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ Internal channel scanner - ✔ - - -
SpecificationPlease click here for full product specifications
At Test-Meter.co.uk we understand the importance of a reliable delivery service when shopping online. Especially when the goods are often essential to your working day. If your goods are required by a certain date please feel free to contact us for an honest and realistic indication whether this can be met.
We use DPD/Interlink for all larger items and Royal Mail for smaller items and accessories. With DPD/Interlink you will receive a 1 hour delivery window on the day of delivery via e-mail/text so you will not have to wait around all day. We also offer delivery options for goods required urgently on certain products, all which are sent by DPD/Interlink on a fully traceable and manageable service.
Our charges for UK deliveries:
- FREE Delivery (on select products only): typically 2-5 working days*
- Standard Delivery at £4.95: 2-3 working days
- Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £8.95
- Pre 10.30am Next Working Day Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Saturday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
- Sunday Pre 12pm Delivery (on select products only) at £19.95*
*UK mainland only
NOTE! For next working day or Saturday delivery options the order MUST be placed no later than 3pm on the working day before delivery is required. After 3pm, please arrange with our staff before selecting a priority delivery service. Priority services are available to UK mainland residents only.
Customers outside the UK:
Test-Meter.co.uk exports to many countries all over the world. Prices for shipping vary on location and weight/dimensions. Costs are calculated for certain countries at the checkout. If your country is not included in this list please e-mail email@example.com with your name, address and the items you would like to order for an accurate shipping quote.